Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or..

• 14-07-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

...does anyone else get embarrassed any time another group goes cap in hand to JP McManus. Front of the paper this week saying he might sort out the opera centre site, but if you read the article they decided to call a meeting about what to do, and invited him, with the express hope that he'll hand over a wedge of money to fix the facade.

It really makes me cringe when I see the same thing all the time "Oh we need something, lets go to JP." Council ****s up the city, oh its alright, JP has money. :rolleyes:

surely someday he's going to snap and tell us all to go f ourselves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was deciding earlier whether or not to reply on Facebook to the Limerick posts suggestion about JP.

"Please sir, can I have some more"

They are hoping JP and his business colleagues will cough up money to either buy or dress the place up.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO. Nama own the buildling, let them "dress" the place up and make it easier on the eye.

The Hunt Museum want it to be a car park. Surprise Surprise. :mad:

Article made me furious to be honest. Screw it, ask Dolores McMillions altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This city is run by chimps apparently, its actually embarassing the state of this place these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They should ask Dolores Euromillions, JP and the Cranberries to all chip in, level the town, and start again from Penneys down to the potatomarket :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Well I was going to ask him for €2 for a sponsored walk but I feel stupid now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Roadend wrote: »
    Well I was going to ask him for €2 for a sponsored walk but I feel stupid now...

lol brilliant ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some neck all right. Might as well ask him for money for the Mono Rail while they are at it.

If I was in JP's shoes and the council came to my door for more money, this would be my response:

tumblr_lfwta76Sci1qew91zo1_400.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"Smithers! Release the robotic Richard Simmons..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

They should level the whole opera site..
    pave it over, bung in a few hundred car park spaces to keep the shop holders happy and allow ample parking spaces to encourage trade back to the city center (in tandem with a stimulous pack for rent etc)...

At night then use the car park as Limerick first drive in movie theater.
    No more sticky floors, cold theaters or sharing your personal space with scobes. Theres no sound issue for the city as drive throughs have sound boxs that connect per car. Would give a new focal point and intrest to the city center at night aside from boozing it up and would be something intresting for the city to get behind.

Bestpart is we could get rid of the eye sore thats the opera center site, have a large car park service the city to help footfall, have revenue come in from what was once just a ruin and also have revenue come in day and night. Win win win

Advertisement