Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faith healer

Options
  • 14-07-2011 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi would any one have Jimmy Conroy the faith healer's phone number in co laois??? have baby with severe eczema and asmatha, in desperate need of help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Haven't got the number off hand but i'm nearly sure he's listed in the phone book under John Joe, Drim, Mountrath... Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Save your cash on bull**** artists.

Use your money on a doctor who WILL help you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Save your cash on bull**** artists.

Use your money on a doctor who WILL help you.

Have a little faith. :p Faith and well being can do a lot for people. What might help others may not always be your cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

kikel wrote: »
    Have a little faith. :p Faith and well being can do a lot for people. What might help others may not always be your cup of tea.
    It's a baby though, they're hardly going to understand what's going on, so no placebo effect.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

True, but stress can effect eczema (more stress make it worse), Less stress on the parents can mean less stress on the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BiscuitByte

My 5 year old son has suffered from eczema since he was 2 weeks old. Sometimes he looked like a burns case. Really awful. Very distressing for him ... and me frown.gif He inherited this from me. Anyway I had tried everything for him, doctors, all the creams etc... Nothing seemed to work. Many of the creams made him much worse. Went for holiday a couple of weeks ago and my niece who is a nurse in the US could not believe that I didn't have him on an antihistamine. She said that this is standard practice in US. Since we came home I have been giving him 1 AllerClear tablet a day. We are on day 7 now. The difference is amazing. I think I have finally found something that is helping him. His skin is nearly clear. Anyway, hope this info helps others.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

There's been a good few of these threads in this section - looks like ad trolling now at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BiscuitByte

Hi,
    Just wanted to say this isn't an advert. Have posted this information twice in different sections as I know how awful this condition is and wanted people to read the info. I gave the name of the antihistamine tablet that I am using but I'm sure any brand will do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Hi,
    Just wanted to say this isn't an advert. Have posted this information twice in different sections as I know how awful this condition is and wanted people to read the info. I gave the name of the antihistamine tablet that I am using but I'm sure any brand will do. :)

Check with the pharmacist how long you can give the antihistamine for. Goat's milk is something the older child can try.

For the poster with the little baby I hope you get some comfort and the baby gets relief from the visit to the faith healer. I do empatize with you, one of my children had asthma and a small bit of eczema as a child (3 years old) and I found the goat's milk helpful. He grew out of it eventually. When the little baby is older maybe 2 or 3 years old ask the Health nurse or your GP about the goats milk.

One other thing I might mention is the use of aerosols in the house you live in. You probably don't spray furniture polish or deodorant or perfume in the room the baby sleeps in, but if it's used in any room in the house it wafts it way all over the house and will eventually find it way into the room the baby sleeps in whatever small quantities. I have asthma myself and the smell of any aerosol product has me wheezing. Allergies, asthma, eczema, hayfever they're all much the same symptomwise. I'd say try banning the use of the sprays in the house for a month or two as see if it makes any improvement in the baby's asthma. There are alternative products you can get, perhaps a mild disinfectant for cleaning purposes in the bathroom instead of the thick bleach products. Don't hoover or sprinkle carpet freshner when the baby is in the room either as the motor sometimes blows tiny particles of dust back into the air.

The Scawgeen

• Advertisement
Advertisement