Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbound Phone calls not wokring

Options
  • 14-07-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Granny is unable to make outbound phone calls on her phone, as soon as she starts dialling its like its getting a busy tone.

She can receive inbound calls and her broadband is still working.

She we recently changed the account owner and direct debit to be her after my Granddad passed away.

We have contacted directdebit@eircom.net and the last response we got was this:
    To confirm below bank details already in place for this account as per mail below but unfortunately the direct debit has already been posted for payment under the old account detail on the 27th so it was returned by you bank as unpaid.

The account is still on direct debit & will present for payment along with your mothers next bill.

This has nothing to do with a fault, if there is still a problem with her phone you should contact faults again to check it out.

To be honest I dont fully understand this email but it does seem to be saying that a mistake was made with where the direct debit was taken from. But that isn't causing the problem with calls.

But we were also talking to support and they were saying that there is nothing wrong with the line technically and that its like there was an issue with a bill payment

To be honest its a bit frustrating that we are dealing with two separate parties who each seem to be blaming the other. Could some please take a look at it for us as its important we get it sorted asap because its the only method of contact my Granny has if she needs anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

My Granny is unable to make outbound phone calls on her phone, as soon as she starts dialling its like its getting a busy tone.

She can receive inbound calls and her broadband is still working.

She we recently changed the account owner and direct debit to be her after my Granddad passed away.

We have contacted directdebit@eircom.net and the last response we got was this:
    Hi witnessmenow
    If you PM me the tel number I can look into this immediately. It does appear to be two different issues.
    Tony

To be honest I dont fully understand this email but it does seem to be saying that a mistake was made with where the direct debit was taken from. But that isn't causing the problem with calls.

But we were also talking to support and they were saying that there is nothing wrong with the line technically and that its like there was an issue with a bill payment

To be honest its a bit frustrating that we are dealing with two separate parties who each seem to be blaming the other. Could some please take a look at it for us as its important we get it sorted asap because its the only method of contact my Granny has if she needs anything.

Thanks
    Hi witnessmenow
    If you PM me the tel number I can look into this immediately. It does appear to be two different issues.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

All sorted now, thank you Tony!

Advertisement