Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepy Sleepy Dreamy Dreamy Night Night *C&H Dreams thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I had a really werid one last night, I dreamt I was working for a company translating irish to english, but I didnt understand the Irish so I spent my dream wandering around the place looking for someone to translate it, and then there were cannons and leela from futurama and the turtle shells from mario bros... :confused: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Whenever I have one of those "I'm naked" dreams, I'm always strangely cool with it, and just go around acting normally. Must've been a nudist in a past life.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I had a dream that Yusef from Eastenders tried to kill me.. then I dreamt that i met Bill Clinton and he gave me a billion dollars for an old nickel I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I dreamt the night before last that me and some big blonde woman were getting frisky in a restaurant when I started pulling pieces of chicken/beef from her....nether regions and putting them on her plate for her dinner:confused:

Luckily I can't remember where the gravy came from:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've been having strange dreams lately.

One involved me being a really wanted movie writer which meant I have to fly to Stockholm next week and every one was annoyed with me for ditching our plans for the week. But the Swedish people really really wanted me to go over, despite the fact I had never written anything before they just knew I was going to be the next big thing.

Last night I had an inception type dream, where I was dreaming in my dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Last night I had an inception type dream, where I was dreaming in my dream.

Had 1 of them years ago where after I woke up(from the dream in the dream) I went through a full day of school. Imagine my disappointment when I woke up & had to go to school again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Oh lawdy, I just had a terrifying nightmare. So bloody scary, it woke me up. It started off as a fairly mundane dream, something in a shopping centre somewhere, but there's a comedian on a little stage thing. Noone was watching him, and be started threatening people who walked past him. Then something happened and he suddenly became a friend of mine who moved to Australia, saying some really weird stuff like "lost in the machine" and "freedom is an illusion". This was creepy as hell.

My brain clearly wanted out of that dream, so it initiated one of those falling from a height dreams, which thankfully woke me up.
    I'm not sure if this was part of a dream or not, but I also hheard a train whistle as I woke, which is odd, as despite living only about 20m from the rail, I've never heard a train whistle.

Bloody hell, I'm all shakey and cold, I don't think I've ever had a nightmare as freaking scary as that. I realise it may not seem that scary in text, but the atmosphere was really unsettling. Doubt I'll be sleeping again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Had a dream that I snapped in school and decided to run away, ended up in a sewer with loads of people chasing me. Spent the day in fear today thinking it might actually happen!

I hate dreams that mess your day up, I had one not too long ago. I was walking at the door of my house to go to university, and across the road, stuck to the roof of my neighbour's house, was a giant post-it note that read in huge letters: "Gone on holiday. Hope that's okay."

I was looking out for something that bizarre and funny for the rest of the day, but real life just isn't as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I had a C&H dream last night.. Someone (can't remember who though) managed to change everyone in the country's CAO, so we were all stuck doing something we hadn't put down. I swear if I get BESS this summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm going to try go into 'Sleep Paralysis' tonight, purely because I want to try it... and sure sleep is over rated anyhow!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm going to try go into 'Sleep Paralysis' tonight, purely because I want to try it... and sure sleep is over rated anyhow!

Why would you want to get yourself into sleep paralysis? /genuine question

I thought most people would go for lucid dreaming, if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Sleep paralysis was probably the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. Think you've mixed it up with lucid dreaming alright, which is a lot more fun.

I get sleep paralysis every morning when my alarm clock goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I get ninja like qualities every morning when my alarm goes off. No matter where it is I manage to press snooze/turn it off without getting out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I get ninja like qualities every morning when my alarm goes off. No matter where it is I manage to press snooze/turn it off without getting out of bed.

I regularly manage to turn mine off while still asleep :p its ridiculous :(

Yeah my bad, I didn't explain it and nope I didn't mix them up, I was going to try lucid dreams... Didn't work though...

Yeah my bad, I didn't explain it and nope I didn't mix them up, I was going to try lucid dreams... Didn't work though...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I believe it takes a bit of practice. Couple of weeks of dream diaries and actively trying to remember dreams, and then repeating certain patters to try to put those into your dreams as a signal. Not really something that most people could just do one night for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I slept in yesterday, woke up with my phone buried under some stuff in the drawer of my locker, with an old email open.
    I think sleeping me is a bit of a troll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I've just had such a disturbing, horrible dream and just, ugh, what is wrong with my mind...
    I dreamt that I was in some sort of post apocolyptic world and all the people under 18 were being euthanised... but me and my friend tried to escape and we go chased down by these crazy zombie people and robots that were trying to li us, and eventually we got tired of it and decided being killed was better and we went back and was sitting on some random desk in a lab with loads of other girls, and this woman came along giving some injection in our feet to make them numb so we couldnt run... and then she started making up the poison stuff to use to kill us and I stood up to help and she just slashed my arm with a knife... then I woke up and my arm was aching and I had pins and needles in my feet...

that was just so horribly real... guess I'm not gonna be sleeping for a while :o

Sounds a bit like Shade's Children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Lawliet wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like Shade's Children

Whats that? :confused:

It's a book, set post apocalypse, aliens control the world, there's no adults and children are farmed to make zombie-monster things which are then used to hunt escaped children. One girl escapes a farm by cutting the tracker out of her arm. Your dream just reminded me of it

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I dreamt four hours of school last night. It was awful.

Fell asleep and was having a really vivid dream, woke up and within a few seconds I had forgotten every detail about the dream? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MyNebulosity

I had a dream a week ago about a plane crash! I managed to stay asleep while I died, surprisingly because I usually wake up and end up in sleep paralysis. I managed to die. There wasn't an afterlife or any of that, it literally felt like 'nothing'. I didn't feel the pain of the crash but I did go through the experience of it. But I did come out of my death, I wasn't resurrected or anything, I was just conscious after a while.
    Also, a week and a bit ago (I was heavily inebriated) I managed to lucid dream. I've lucid dreamt before but I was so wrecked I managed to close my eyes for about 5 seconds and lucid dream but able to open my eyes again and go into that state of mind again and again. Pretty awesome I have to say :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Had a dream about the horse... We were companions in what was like a Hunger Games trial..
    It was really weird, but we made such a brilliant team <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Most recent dream I can remember was one in which for whatever reason, my friends mom was acting an Bean an Tí in Irish College and was making tonnes of toast.

• Advertisement

I've finally figured out what was wrong with my dreams. I can't run or move any faster than a walking pace. It's really annoying. :(

Advertisement