Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Internet Banking

Options
  • 14-07-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

I'm new to Internet banking and I'm just getting the feel for it. One thing I can't figure out is how do I adjust my loan repayments? Last year I took out a car loan before I had finished off paying for my previous car so for a while I had 2 seperate loan repayments to make and because of that I set up my loan repayments for the second one at quite a low amount (€150/month). I have now paid off for the first car so I would like to raise my repayments on the second car in order to have it paid off for the sooner the better.

Is anyone familiar with AIB Banking? If so can it be done and how do I do it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

would you not just call them and ask them to increase it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

cookie1977 wrote: »
    would you not just call them and ask them to increase it?

I know that but I'd like to be able to do it for myself.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I dont know of an automated way but can you make extra manual payments into the account yourself every month? As in transfer an extra payment into the account yourself every month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I dont know of an automated way but can you make extra manual payments into the account yourself every month? As in transfer an extra payment into the account yourself every month

Interesting, that might work. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Can you not set up a standing order via Internet Banking for the extra amount you want to pay? You can do this online and set the amount and frequency of the payment.

So if your standard payment was 20 a month and you want to pay 50, set up a standing order for the extra 30 via aib internet banking.

You need an AIB code card or card reader to setup a standing order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement