Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do? Small budget!!

Options
  • 15-07-2011 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm a 19 year old male who is very keen on setting up my own buisness! Would love to start selling things or set up my own website! Anything to do with having my own buisness!
    Any suggestions!?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Do you have your own unique business venture or do you just want to start up your own business no matter what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

Fol20 wrote: »
    Do you have your own unique business venture or do you just want to start up your own business no matter what it is?
    I'm good at art but there isnt a market out there! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

This is a pretty silly statement, maybe there isn't a market out there for your art but there are always people interested in buying art.

My advice to you would be to look at your hobbies, see if you can sell a product which interests you and your peer group. For example, I'm presuming art is one of your hobbies, so while you might not think people want to buy your paintings, do you find it an easy and pleasant experience to buy art supplies online? Can you do things better or cheaper then existing companies?

You could easily start this off selling on ebay etc, will mean lower start up costs and should be easier to get off the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

shoutman wrote: »

This is a pretty silly statement, maybe there isn't a market out there for your art but there are always people interested in buying art.

My advice to you would be to look at your hobbies, see if you can sell a product which interests you and your peer group. For example, I'm presuming art is one of your hobbies, so while you might not think people want to buy your paintings, do you find it an easy and pleasant experience to buy art supplies online? Can you do things better or cheaper then existing companies?

You could easily start this off selling on ebay etc, will mean lower start up costs and should be easier to get off the ground.
    Thanks for your help! :) really apreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Thanks for your help! :) really apreciated!

oh dear.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

bigneacy wrote: »
    oh dear.... :D

Please be constructive or don't post at all.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Take time to travel, go to some weird and wonderful places to get a new perspective on business and some ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mikefm

There are some websites where you could apply your art skills, possibly like ifreelance or 99designs (if you could design company logos etc.)

Advertisement