Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rendering or roughcasting/pebbledashing

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

63 sq meters @5 euros is 320 before tax.
    65 meters @ 15 E uros is 975 before tax which is about 650 after tax

Your job cannot be done for this price. The very fastest it could be done in is 4 days and for pebble dash to be done evenly the wall has to be wetted down regularly and it will take 2 plasterers and 2 labourers to ensure a continuous supply of material. In good conditions a good crew should dash it in one day. Before that it has to be scratched twice, scudded, reveals made up and fitted, nibbed and filled out, plinth lats put on and plinths floated, Do the maths.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

brendankelly, regrettably your time in the DIY forum has come to an end. When you first gravitated from the C+P fourm having being banned, I gave you a warning from the start that you would be watched. You have already served your first temp ban and this is now your permanent one. On this particular thread you have insulted other members, gone off topic and generally stirred it up. Enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

to please brendan, i'm not plastering anymore

i haven't worked as a plasterer since early 08 and started in 00 and i do the odd nixer here and there

i'm a truck driver now and have being since mid 08, i dont see what any of this has to do with the ridiculous prices quoted, in 07 i think the lad i was working for was getting 30 per sq m for dry dashing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

guil wrote: »
    in 07 i think the lad i was working for was getting 30 per sq m for dry dashing

Wow - most i charged for dry dashing was €17/sq m during the height of the boom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

alproctor wrote: »
    Wow - most i charged for dry dashing was €17/sq m during the height of the boom...
    i could be way off but he told me if i was doing any nixers with just a sponge finish to charge €22/sq m
    i presume he was charging a good bit more for dry dash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

I just had my back wall rendered with Plastering sand and cement.

It is 25sq mt and I had 4 plasterers give me quotes. Ranged from 250e (with me buying material) to 650e all in.

I went with a guy who really impressed me. His fee was 370e and i supplied all materials.

The wall is solid and hollow block...Dont ask!

Scud coat was 2:1, scratch coat was 4-1 and top coat was 5-1. I considered doing this myself but delighted i got this guy to do it. Top job and done in 2 working days. Monday to scub and scratch and then back Friday for top coat. He needed a labourer with him the second day and i now know why. Watched from my office and both men fully at it from 9-4.

Only suprise was when he told me to wait about 1 year to paint it.....Was hoping to do it this weekend.

Highly recomend not doing a DIY job.

In Dublin myself so if you want my guys details PM me.

Potsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Would adding PVA to scud coat help adhesion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hi all, if anyone around :)

Anyone have an idea of the mix ratio for window and door reveals??
    I'm just gonna start putting up the woodwork and some galvanised beading (corner and bottom)
    This is the DIY forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

potsy11 wrote: »
    I just had my back wall rendered with Plastering sand and cement.

It is 25sq mt and I had 4 plasterers give me quotes. Ranged from 250e (with me buying material) to 650e all in.

I went with a guy who really impressed me. His fee was 370e and i supplied all materials.

The wall is solid and hollow block...Dont ask!

Scud coat was 2:1, scratch coat was 4-1 and top coat was 5-1. I considered doing this myself but delighted i got this guy to do it. Top job and done in 2 working days. Monday to scub and scratch and then back Friday for top coat. He needed a labourer with him the second day and i now know why. Watched from my office and both men fully at it from 9-4.

Only suprise was when he told me to wait about 1 year to paint it.....Was hoping to do it this weekend.

Highly recomend not doing a DIY job.

In Dublin myself so if you want my guys details PM me.

Potsy

you would have been just aswell not scuding it,he only wasted time and money.you want to let the scud coat set,usually two days at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Need to get a gable wall re-rendered.

I lifted some pebble bdash off it today. Appears to be one/two coats grey/brown that is coming away.

Below that is a very strong coat of what looks like concrete - is this the skud coat. Now way that's coming off.

Have cleared half of the wall. Some of it still holding well.

Any ideas what I'm looking at. Average size gable wall, three bed semi.

PM sent to Potsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Quoted €30 per sq m to strip and re-dash, including all materials and removal of waste.

Am I being overcharged?

Advertisement