Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover Songs

• 15-07-2011 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I'm a huge fan of good covers, particularly good acoustic covers, of almost any type of song and in many cases, and I know in years past that I may have been accused of being a heretic or witch or burned at a stake or all three for saying it but I feel that the cover can be much better than the original, there I've said it, thank you internet anonymity.

I suppose the main reason I have started this thread is to broaden my own horizons and and see what other cover songs are out there and what people are in to and who knows, maybe even add them to my Ipod collection. I'll get the ball rolling by linking a few of my own favourites.

First up is Wonderwall by Ryan Adams. Being honest it's probably my favour cover of any song. I was never a huge fan of Oasis or their version of it but I think it's been nailed here. I remember reading a quote from noel gallagher where he said something along the lines of it being the definitive version of Wonderwall, so high praise indeed.

Next up is a cover of the Fleetwood Mac classic Landslide by The Smashing Pumpkins.

Lastly we have John Mayer's cover of Free Fallin, the 1989 song by Tom Petty.

There are plenty more that I could mention but considering the time, I'll leave it for another day

Comments

Advertisement