Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Play-pen: conorstuff

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Is maths balanced? What area of study would you nerf/buff?

Does mentioning Gödel's first incompleteness theorem make somebody look well-read when they bring it up in a debate that has nothing to do with any sort of formal logic?

Please give an answer to a question you'd like to have been asked but the rest of us have failed to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Favourite cartoon?

Do you still watch said cartoon?

Are you are morning person or a night person?

Who is the most annoying person person you've ever met? You don't have to name names but what annoyed you about them most?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jelena (the biebs and selena gomez), Yay or nay?

Who's your fave disney star? We all have one!

Can you make a good sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Tyranny or anarchy?

Davidius wrote: »
    Is maths balanced? What area of study would you nerf/buff?
    Analysis is God-modded. Give like 200 theorems to Mechanics and then we can talk about Caucy sequences of connected springs. That's balance.

Does mentioning Gödel's first incompleteness theorem make somebody look well-read when they bring it up in a debate that has nothing to do with any sort of formal logic?
    Yes. And it's surprisingly hard to convince yourself that there really is nothing to the argument.

"Godel's Incompleteness Theorem... something something... God is real."

Please give an answer to a question you'd like to have been asked but the rest of us have failed to ask.

Q: Do you ever get tired of being great at guitar solos and getting women and your lean, muscled physique?

A: Ha ha ha, God no!
    Favourite cartoon?
    Futurama, although I've recently discovered Adventure Time, which is probably going to become my new favourite.

Do you still watch said cartoon?
    Hell to the yes.

Are you are morning person or a night person?
    A night person, definitely, although I have more energy when I do get up early.

Who is the most annoying person person you've ever met? You don't have to name names but what annoyed you about them most?
    This guy I knew in school. I'm dead certain he exaggerated a condition he had, to be cryptic about it.
    He also had the second annoying trait of thinking he was right all the time.
    This was made worse by a trait which is grand by itself, but coupled with the first two makes him unbearable: he was quite dim.
    Jelena (the biebs and selena gomez), Yay or nay?
    Nay. I want her for myself. She's... legal... right?

Who's your fave disney star? We all have one!
    Rattigan! (From Basil the Great Mouse Detective

Can you make a good sandwich?
    Yeah. I've only recently learned that the secret is to heap the ingredients on. :D

Tyranny or Anarchy?

Good question from my favourite jumpguy. I think Anarchy. Unless I can be the Tyrant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

sorry but ewwww Selena Gomez. She looks about 12. Either she has a condition or her fridge is padlocked :l

sorry but ewwww Selena Gomez. She looks about 12. Either she has a condition or her fridge is padlocked :l

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke
    This is funny, because not only am I pointing out what the joke was, and that it was a joke, but I'm also explaining the word joke, and this explanatory sentence. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

If you were to start a band what would you call it?

If you were remake the following films which C&Hers would most likely fill the starring roles as listed?
    The Odd Couple - the eponymous duo
    Scarface - Tony Montana
    The Big Lebowski - The Dude
    Pretty Woman - the pimp and prostitute
    James Bond film - James Bond
    The Shining - Johnny, the evil twins
    Cast Away - Chuck and Walter
    Dirty Harry - Dirty Harry
    The Dark Knight - Batman
    Rocky - Rocky, Adrienne
    The Social Network - Mark Zuckerberg
    The Godfather - Michael
    Lord of the Rings - Gandalf, Frodo, Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, an orc
    Braveheart - Mel Gibson's character

Have you seen Four Lions?

Favourite television dramas?

What's your favourite word?

If you were to start a band what would you call it?
    Satana

If you were remake the following films which C&Hers would most likely fill the starring roles as listed?
    The Odd Couple - the eponymous duo Noel and Pygmalion
    Scarface - Tony Montana jumpguy
    The Big Lebowski - The Dude Fergus
    Pretty Woman - the pimp and prostitute Davidius
    James Bond film - James Bond Davidius
    The Shining - Johnny, the evil twins Ginja Ninja, Deise Girl and Soccy
    Cast Away - Chuck and Walter Agnostic Mantis and Unknown13
    Dirty Harry - Dirty Harry Insect Overlord
    The Dark Knight - Batman EuropeanSon
    Rocky - Rocky, Adrienne Pygmalion, Oopsy Daisy
    The Social Network - Mark Zuckerberg Cakesofrice
    The Godfather - Michael KnifeWrench
    Lord of the Rings - Gandalf, Frodo, Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, an orc
    RichardCranium, JayP, Monzo, Davidius, screaminmidget, shadowninty
    Braveheart - Mel Gibson's character Monzo

Have you seen Four Lions?
    Not yet. Been meaning to.

Favourite television dramas?
    House, Game of Thrones

What's your favourite word?
    Topology

"This planet has, or had, a problem, which was this. Most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were concerned with the movements of small, green pieces of paper, which is odd, because on the whole, it wasn't the small green pieces of paper which were unhappy."

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

What C+Her would you cast as the role for the sexy wan in (500) days of summer? *cough cough*

Favourite colour shoelaces?

If you have a cold do you sniffle loads or blow your nose?

Do you burn or tan?

Which is your favourite smiley thing?

Are you jealous that Noel got to touch Beyonce and you didn't?

If you were a girl what would you fancy in Conorstuff (assuming he still existed:confused:)

Least favourite veg?

• Advertisement

Taylor21 wrote: »
    What C+Her would you cast as the role for the sexy wan in (500) days of summer? *cough cough*
    Oh, I suppose I'd have to pick Squishy. She's a dead ringer for Zooey Deschanel. Definitely not that Taylor21 wan though. ;)

Favourite colour shoelaces?
    Depends on the colour of the shoes. I really like blue shoelaces with coloured shoes. Definitely not with black or brown shoes though.

If you have a cold do you sniffle loads or blow your nose?
    I nearly always have a cold, and I sniffle loads even after I blow my nose. D:

Do you burn or tan?
    Burn. It's because I don't get any sun. :P

Which is your favourite smiley thing?
    :pac:

Are you jealous that Noel got to touch Beyonce and you didn't?
    Noel? No. What do I have to be jealous of Noel for? He didn't get anything out of it that I'd want. :pac:

If you were a girl what would you fancy in Conorstuff (assuming he still existed:confused:)
    My eyes, considering it's the only thing I can remember ever being complimented on.

Least favourite veg?
    Brussels Sprouts. I can't even put them in my mouth before I start retching. Uggh. :mad:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

If you leave a refrigerator open in a closed room, will it make the room colder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

How many fingers am I holding up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Why am I Batman?

Boldface or italics?

Favourite font?

Favourite programming language?

Anything you regret not doing?

Why UCD?

Your interpretation of :pac: ?

Favourite C&H thread?

Favourite boards forum?

If above isn't C&H, why is it better than C&H?

Best book in ASOIAF so far (I assume you've read them all) and why?

Worst " " " " " "?

Chess or Go?

bythewoods wrote: »
    If you leave a refrigerator open in a closed room, will it make the room colder?
    Yes, technically, but it probably wouldn't be noticeable.
    How many fingers am I holding up ?
    None.
    Why am I Batman?
    I didn't really have any reason for any of those. Except Monzo as Gimli. That was obviously motivated by his avatar.

Boldface or italics?
    Big and bold.

Favourite font?
    I'm not a big typography person, but I quite like Helvetica.

Favourite programming language?
    Python

Anything you regret not doing?
    Saving money, throughout my whole life.

Why UCD?
    I wanted the broadness of the "Mathematical Science" course, along with the Horizon electives program. At one stage I was even going to do Maths and Linguistics through Arts.
    Now, I probably would have picked Trinity since I realise I actually want to pure stuff, but only for the name. I don't think I'd get a better education at either college.

Your interpretation of :pac: ?
    Sometimes as :P, sometimes as XD. It's kind of a generic happy, joking, messing about kind of smiley.

Favourite C&H thread?
    In The Play-pen: conorstuff.
    Nah, really, The Genius Thread.

Favourite boards forum?
    Probably C&H

If above isn't C&H, why is it better than C&H?

Best book in ASOIAF so far (I assume you've read them all) and why?
    Haven't read the new one. I need money before I can get it. Favourite was probably A Storm of Swords because the overall plot becomes a lot clearer (well, open to speculation at least), Jon Snow's place in the series becomes clear, and all of the fuss that takes place at King's Landing and the Twins. You know what I mean. :pac:

Worst " " " " " "?
    A Clash of Kings. It just wasn't as strong as the first book, and loses out to A Feast For Crows.

Chess or Go?
    Chess, although I want to get into Go. I've nobody to play with and no board either. I hear it's actually more difficult than Chess.

Actually no, unless you have the fins at the back of the refrigerator outside the room. The fridge transfers heat from it's interior to the room. If you open the door, it's transferring from the room...to the room. :P

Boobs or explosions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Unity, GNOME 2, KDE4, XFCE or LXDE?

Was it a good idea for me to install Lubuntu and Kubuntu packages, adding loads of useless apps?

Ciarán or Conor?

jumpguy wrote: »
    Actually no, unless you have the fins at the back of the refrigerator outside the room. The fridge transfers heat from it's interior to the room. If you open the door, it's transferring from the room...to the room. :P
    I'm usually not the one to say this, but you're overcomplicating it. You see, fridges are usually kept colder than room temperature, so regardless of how heat pumps work, if you open the door, the room will get colder. :P

Boobs or explosions?
    Boobs.
    Unity, GNOME 2, KDE4, XFCE or LXDE?
    Unity annoys me. I haven't tried every desktop or Window Manager package (how could you?) but I'm using Openbox at the moment and it's quite nice. I also liked GNOME 2 and Awesome WM. Gnome is a bit cluttered though.

Was it a good idea for me to install Lubuntu and Kubuntu packages, adding loads of useless apps?
    Yeah. Try everything out. Once you find a favourite, you should probably trim the fat though.

Ciarán or Conor?
    Conor.

Well, that's it folks. No more questions. Thanks for all of them so far. It's been a pleasure.

A mod should be along tonight or tomorrow to close this up. Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

When was the last time you cried?!
    When was the last time you laughed until it hurt?
    What's something that nobody knows about you? (until now, obviously! :P)
    Do you believe in karma?
    Which C&Hers would make the best and worst couple? (2 couples like)
    Did you have a teddy or blankie when you were young? Do you still have it?!

Damn, just read your last post and realised your time is up! :( :P

I'm usually not the one to say this, but you're overcomplicating it. You see, fridges are usually kept colder than room temperature, so regardless of how heat pumps work, if you open the door, the room will get colder. tongue.gif
    This is why you're doing maths. Because you've got the mind, man, the mind.

• Advertisement

When was the last time you cried?!
    4 years ago maybe. I'm not going to say what happend though.

When was the last time you laughed until it hurt?
    Oh, a night spent with my oldest friends at the end of the college year. That was the best.

What's something that nobody knows about you? (until now, obviously! :P)
    Something not many people know about me is that I'm a bit of a romantic at heart. It just doesn't usually get found out because I'm never in a relationship.:P

Do you believe in karma?
    In a non-mystical way. People do get what's coming to them. It's just the way society is.

Which C&Hers would make the best and worst couple? (2 couples like)
    Best couple: (I assume you mean that isn't already a couple) Davidius and Pygmalion.
    Worst couple:
    Noel and Pygmalion.

Did you have a teddy or blankie when you were young? Do you still have it?!
    I had a teddy. I didn't have a blankie because I used to have cotton wool instead. It comforted me. I don't still have any of those teddies unfortunately. I do have a teddy version of Claude Monet that my grandmother bought me. That's the only one I still own.

Damn, just read your last post and realised your time is up! :( :P

Ah screw it, it's not closed yet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

None.

WRONG! HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Whats your favourite Toto song?

bythewoods wrote: »
    WRONG! HA!
    -_- You know when you open the fridge door and it's kinda cold? You do? Excellent.
    Whats your favourite Toto song?
    They have more than one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

And that brings to a close conorstuff's time in the playpen.

Next up is the lovely M&S*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement