Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Auctions?

• 15-07-2011 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

4 am and back from drawing slurry all night and couldnt get this thought out of my head so I'm poppin up a question for you lads if anyone is awake....
    Does anyone know of any farm/state auctions between now September?
    Been looking on google and can only find a few in the North.
    Is there any place I can check for auctions? Would there be a section in the farmers journal ( don't bother with it much )
    Looking to buy some machinery - Fert spreader ( Dad bought the current one 40 years ago ), mower, bale grab and a 1600 - 2000 gallon slurry tank though will probably buy the tank new, was thinking the ploughing chamionship might be a good place to buy though its not til September.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Why bother with auctions, you should be able to pick up all those things on Donedeal.ie

If you are set on auctions then try wilsons in dublin
    http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/dublincommercials.asp
    or cheffins in the uk
    http://www.cheffins.co.uk/machinery/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Box09

I don't think you necessarily get value for smaller farming machinery at auctions. I think you would be best to look out for whatever you need privately on done deal or else have a look through farm and plant or local dealers etc. Here is a farm and plant auction site in Wicklow that is held monthly.

www.ashfordauctions.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Yes. Auctions, marts or machinery, can be dangerous places if your hell bent on buying something. Your thumping heart will very quickly take over from your logical brain :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Seto_Kaiba

I have only ever been at one auction before it was a neighbours farm liquidation and I heard there was an auction up in Tipperary with over 400 lots for auction. 200 were sold as the bids weren't above the reserve. Sure donedeal has lots of stuff for sale but half of it only looks good in pictures and its not all cheap. I'd like to try an auction first as I have only been at one and that was back when everything was mad dear in 2007, just to see the prices they go for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

There does be an auction regular enough of farm machinery in Portlaoise, advertised in the Journal usually.
    I would agree mainly with the other posters above, easy place to lose the run of yourself! Over the years I'v seen lots making as much as they would new, when commission is taken into account.

Indeed I now see an ad for same in this weeks journal. Sat 23rd July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

You could keep an eye on euroauctions.com web site for both new and used farm machinery, the irsh site being in omagh, with the next auction I think is in October.....

Advertisement