Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online only exams

Options
  • 15-07-2011 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Are online only exams worth the paper they are printed on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Online means effectively open book which would be worth a lot less than what you'd get at a test centre.

It may not be easy but it'd be good to find a way. I did a few exams on a Saterday at a Pearsvon VUE test centre (it's closed down now!). I'm guessing the test centre you're trying doesn't have that option?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You can get online only exams which are proctored remotely via a webcam and the invigilation instructions are pretty strict for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Stheno wrote: »
    You can get online only exams which are proctored remotely via a webcam and the invigilation instructions are pretty strict for them.

Which ones are they?

Nice edit after I posted my comment op ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, I wouldn't think so.

Think about it - how would quality be guaranteed? How would employers know that you actually took the exam you said you did? There are a lot of dishonest people out there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Shamo wrote: »
    Which ones are they?

Nice edit after I posted my comment op ;)

I'm thinking of ITIL and PRINCE2 exams you can do those online either with an invigilator in the room or remotely.

They are arranged for a specific time the remote proctor if remote has various checks they perform and monitor the entire exam via webcam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement