Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fkiely's log 2011/2012

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

With the new season nearly upon us, I said I'd begin my new log for the next while.

Same idea as always, betting on mainly football and rugby with the odd GAA and other sport bets.

Bank is 1000 points and a single bet can't be more than 5% of the balance of the bank at that given time.

The idea is to have detailed research put into each et and for the weekend to have my selections up by Friday evening so to cut out impulse and stupid wagers.

Anyway, there won't be much action until the first week in August but there'll be the odd bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Just a double for me this weekend of Kildare -2 and Roscommon to win at 4/1.

The Connaught final should be a decent game and I believe the bookies have got this one wrong based on reputation and name. Mayo struggled past London and scraped past a very poor Galway side in what was a very dour semi. Roscommon have yet to be really tested this summer but they’ll be coming into this game full of youthful confidence. A lot of pundits are swinging towards a Mayo victory as well and they could well be correct. Last year Roscommon were the underdogs as well and revelled in upsetting the much fancied Sligo side. Mayo will fancy their chance, and justifiably so, however on the day in question I feel Roscommon will just have too much desire in front of a home crowd and will scrape it.

The Kildare – Meath match should be a humdinger. Meath will be desperate to upset the odds and beat their neighbours and will be hoping that they improve considerably on their last showing against Galway in which they needed two very late points to get the win. Kildare are being talked about as potential winners of Sam and I see no reason to doubt that. They were extremely unlucky to lose to Dublin and showed how much they enjoy the qualifiers with the dismantling of Laois last weekend. The fact that they haven’t lost a qualifier since 08 is considerable and even with the injury to Hugh Lynch I’d fancy them to cover the handicap this weekend.

50 on Kildare -2 and Roscommon at 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Good luck with your log, I might rob the odd one of your picks :p

Derek! wrote: »
    Good luck with your log, I might rob the odd one of your picks :p

Cheers Derek, appreciated.

Roscommon failed to win today so first bet was a loss sadly.

Two for me tonight.

40 on USA womens side to beat Japan at evens.
    20 on a double of the above and over 2.5 in the Brazil Paraguay game at 3/1

Really fancy the American women to see off the Japanese this evening. They've been impressive enough so far and should have the experience and talent to lift the trophy.

Poor start, not helped by a bit of an impulse bet last night. Can't wait for the proper football to start back.

Balance: 890
    Profit/Loss: -110

40 on over 2.5 in the Paraguay and Venezuala game at 6/4

Quite like the value in this after the earlier 3-4 draw between the two in the competition. Despite the traditional belief of both sides not being very prolific and tight at the back, the knockout stages have also seen a few goals to and against. Here's hoping there's a few more tonight.

• Advertisement

Four losses out of four so far, going well...

40 on Waikato -8 this morning at 10/11

Another loser... Hopefully my luck will turn soon or it’ll be very costly! I quite like the look of Chelsea -3 this afternoon. They’re up against the Malaysian All Stars. This collection of players lost 4-0 to Arsenal and 6-3 to Liverpool in the last week or two. They’re really not up to much and to add to their woes a lot of their original players won’t be playing due to the a Malaysian International game this weekend. They’ll be made up of under 23’s and a couple of older players but shouldn’t provide too much bother for Chelsea. It’s a chance for some of the Chelsea players to stake their claim in the side and hopefully should see it though. 40 on Chelsea -3 at evens.

Another brutal bet. Really need to sort this out.

I know its not strictly to my 5% rule but I'm very confident with the following.

100 on Australia -7 at 10/11
    40 on a treble of Aus -7, Cork -3 and Galway to score over 25.5 points at around 7/1

25 on Aberdeen at 6/5

• Advertisement

40 on Warrington -2 against Wigan at 10/11

40 on Cork -3 at 11/10

40 on Twente -1 at 10/11

Slowly beginning to claw my way back to the original balance after a dreadful start and six losers in a row.

Balance: 836.27
    Profit/Loss: -163.73

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Good partial recovery them last few winners. Keep it up

Good partial recovery them last few winners. Keep it up

Cheers mate, appreciated. Was an awful start so hopefully things are beginning to turn around now.

40 on Chelsea -3 at 15/8

Chelsea won 4-0 which was lucky enough I guess.

Balance: 911.27
    Profit/Loss: -88.73

31.27 on over 2.5 in the Shamrock Rovers game tonight at 11/10

Balance: 880
    Profit/Loss: -120

Three for me tonight.

25 on Bohs at 2/1
    30 on over 2.5 in the Hull - Blackpool game at 5/6
    10 on a double of the two

• Advertisement

Terrible stuff last night. Hopefully today can be a bit different.

70 on Australia +10 at 10/11

Another loser, don't know how Australia didn't score more.

One last one for me today.

20 on over 2.5 in the AC Inter game, Ireland, Wales +11 and Tyrone at 20/1

50 on Ipswich -1 at 6/5

50 on France -11 at 10/11

Time to get this back on track after a poor enough start.

Balance: 625
    Profit/Loss: -375

Two in the tennis.

40 on Roddick to win at 6/4
    50 on Muller +5.5 games at 11/5

fkiely wrote: »
    Time to get this back on track after a poor enough start.

Balance: 625
    Profit/Loss: -375

Two in the tennis.

40 on Roddick to win at 6/4
    50 on Muller +5.5 games at 11/5

Should point out that these were the prices I took last night. I thought the whole day was delayed, hadn't realised that 15 minutes or so had been played. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

100 on Djokovic -8.5 at 10/11

Think that'll be my lot for the tennis after that debacle..

100 on over 48 points in the Green Bay - New Orleans game tonight at 10/11.

60 on New Orleans + 10.5 at 5/6

• Advertisement

Balance: 775.91
    Profit/Loss: -224.09

It's finally upon us!

125.91 on New Zealand -59 at evens
    40 on Ma Nonu to score 2 or more trys at 6/4

Advertisement