Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free childcare??

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

I read somewhere that FAS and VEC trainees will receive free childcare while doing their course, I cannot find any further info on this, does anyone know anything about it?
    Guess what im wondering (but highly doubting) if attending a third level/level 8 course would you be able to avail of this? Would be the ans to all my prayes lol, but wont hold my breath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

It comes under the CETS scheme, I know I qualified for it with VTOS last year, my childcare was fully paid for.

The school had nothing to do with the running of the scheme. I had to contact the local childcare committee and find out what creches had place for the scheme and then enrole my lads in the creche.

It was great scheme, it cover 40 weeks full childcare, I found a great creche who were happy to take them for a day or two over the midterm and easter break as they were being paid anyway.

I'm nearly sure that it was only Vtos and fas courses that are covered by the scheme, check with your local childcare committee they should have all the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Shock85

Thanks for your response, that was really lucky. Was looking into childcare and it would cost €1900 for creche for my two :eek: and i understand it is a priceless job looking after the two most precious little people but i just dont have that. I found this link
    http://www.childcareonline.ie/funding/cets-funding-scheme-.php
    but its not very clear (or im not reading it properly.) is it means tested? and does it cover third level courses? Ive just accepted a place in trinity for nursing and wonder would that qualify. ill give them a ring when i get out to buy credit but wondering has anyone any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Shock85 wrote: »
    Hi,

I read somewhere that FAS and VEC trainees will receive free childcare while doing their course, I cannot find any further info on this, does anyone know anything about it?
    Guess what im wondering (but highly doubting) if attending a third level/level 8 course would you be able to avail of this? Would be the ans to all my prayes lol, but wont hold my breath.

I think some colleges have creches and some will give a subsidy towards childcare - UCD for example has a creche and will give some financial assistance

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement