Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend GP

Options
  • 15-07-2011 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Guys, I live on the northside of the city and I need a new GP. My GP is rude and dismissive and acts as though I'm bothering her with my stupid questions. It gotten so bad that I stopped going to her when I was pregnant coz I would get so upset. Does anyone have a nice GP who they can recommend?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

I had a doctor similar to that, she did not seem to care about the patients well being at all. would pile about 20 people into the waiting room at 9am and slowly see each one. there was no appointment system and you could still be there at 12 noon waiting to see her.

I move to the medigroup at the top of shandon st. there are many doctors there and they have a nurse too for smears etc. they are quick and have proper appointments. and if you dont like one docotor you can always ask for one of the others a for your next visit. they are also open saturday mornings which was a big plus for me.

Parking may be a problem though, but I think a medigroup like this is the way to go. I will never go to a solo GPs surgery again, they do not have the time of resources to deal with the amount of patients they have.

( I have no connection to the medigroup on Shandon St.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I'm also looking for a new GP. My regular one is leaving Cork to get married so wonder if anyone could recommend a female doc on the west side of town. She has a 3 day week replacement coming but I'd rather a full time GP cos I can't chose the days I feel unwell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Mother goes to the medical center in Holyhill and it's usually packed, even with an appointment you could be waiting for a good while
    but she likes the GP and he is excellent to talk to and quick if you're to the point and have a good idea of what's wrong

You could try medicus in Blackpool, it's the polish run medical center, I've a friend going there, they even stay open on Irish bank holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

paul deasy on cove st. City centre but a good guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Richard Kenefick on Bridge St. is good and he's a nice guy.

16 Bridge St.
    Cork City
    021 4502106

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

all_smilz wrote: »
    paul deasy on cove st. City centre but a good guy!

+1 for Dr Paul Deasy. He is always good to patients. I would recommend him. The appointment system is also excellent. We can call the staff to make an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Dr. Lucy Fleming - 1 Mervue Lawn (Ballyvolane, just beyond the Lidl) - great doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

Dr. George O Mahony and Dr. Nick Breen, Hollyhill Clinical, two top docs! But the clinic is very busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭JackN688

I see Lucy Fleming mentioned...she is one hell of a doctor...but her business partner Dan Crowley....based in Carraig-na-bhFear...he practices in both mervue and carraig...he is the best doctor you will find in Cork....try Dan Crowley..you wont regret it...if you cant get him or dont want a male doc....then Lucy Fleming is very good too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

tommy21 wrote: »
    Dr. Lucy Fleming - 1 Mervue Lawn (Ballyvolane, just beyond the Lidl) - great doc.
    JackN688 wrote: »
    I see Lucy Fleming mentioned...she is one hell of a doctor...but her business partner Dan Crowley....based in Carraig-na-bhFear...he practices in both mervue and carraig...he is the best doctor you will find in Cork....try Dan Crowley..you wont regret it...if you cant get him or dont want a male doc....then Lucy Fleming is very good too :D

I totally agree with the above. Lucy is my GP and she is so nice and has a fantastic manner. She has had a baby and they have taken on another lady doctor and she is also fantastic, very thorough. She will be staying on also when Lucy comes back. So that is two lady doctors and one male doctor in the surgery, and he is brilliant at sports injurys and stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

paulosham wrote: »
    Richard Kenefick on Bridge St. is good and he's a nice guy.

16 Bridge St.
    Cork City
    021 4502106

awww i remember him, he was my doc as a kid, but needed a female doc for obv reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

AshAdele wrote: »
    I had a doctor similar to that, she did not seem to care about the patients well being at all. would pile about 20 people into the waiting room at 9am and slowly see each one. there was no appointment system and you could still be there at 12 noon waiting to see her.

I move to the medigroup at the top of shandon st. there are many doctors there and they have a nurse too for smears etc. they are quick and have proper appointments. and if you dont like one docotor you can always ask for one of the others a for your next visit. they are also open saturday mornings which was a big plus for me.

Parking may be a problem though, but I think a medigroup like this is the way to go. I will never go to a solo GPs surgery again, they do not have the time of resources to deal with the amount of patients they have.

( I have no connection to the medigroup on Shandon St.)
    ooh i just read your post, think i'll be changing to there. as its a pain in the ass trying to get time off work to go docs in work

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I go to the medigroup in Glanmire near the Supervalu, but that might be awkward for people who don't have access to a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I totally agree with the above. Lucy is my GP and she is so nice and has a fantastic manner. She has had a baby and they have taken on another lady doctor and she is also fantastic, very thorough. She will be staying on also when Lucy comes back. So that is two lady doctors and one male doctor in the surgery, and he is brilliant at sports injurys and stuff too.

She's back now practising again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 batmanbaby

Hey guys thanks for all the replys! Might try Dr Fleming she sounds nice! I know it shouldn't matter but I prefer having a female GP saves me some embarrassment!

Advertisement