Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanover Quay apartment viewing yesterday

Options
  • 15-07-2011 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Just wondering was anybody else down there yesterday and what they thought? i thought they were terribly designed the bedrooms were just laughably small i could not imagine much room if you put a modest double bed, and they were built to a builders finish so plenty more money to spend, no parking either in short i spent about 15 mins and hit the road.

On another note does anybody know are these apartments are a relic of no proper regulations celtic tiger era? or could a terrible shoe box apartment block like this still be allowed to be built?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Just wondering was anybody else down there yesterday and what they thought? i thought they were terribly designed the bedrooms were just laughably small i could not imagine much room if you put a modest double bed, and they were built to a builders finish so plenty more money to spend, no parking either in short i spent about 15 mins and hit the road.

On another note does anybody know are these apartments are a relic of no proper regulations celtic tiger era? or could a terrible shoe box apartment block like this still be allowed to be built?

I just seen them in The Metro this morning advertising 1 beds for €90,000, I'm sure they'll attract a lot of attention, more viewings next week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

surely they would make good investment properties at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

there were 'proper' regulations in the celtic tiger era:
    double bed minimum: 11,2 sqm!
    can't really remember the single room but think it was sth. about 6 or 8 sqm...

so that says it all, and fits to the time: the smaller the apartments = more apartments = more profit. every sqm counts if one earns more or less 5000 euro on it...biggrin.gif

they chnaged the regs in 2007 to slightly bigger rooms and more storage space.
    not sure about the regulation at this stage anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Idbatterim wrote: »
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Idbatterim wrote: »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHA...*snort*.... HAHAHAHAHA..ahhhahh.

When will Ireland learn to invest in real assets ? You know, bonds and stocks? A tiny 1 bed apt for nearly 100 quid ?

The market is still tanking, these will be selling for sub 50k at some point if they can even be sold to anyone given the oversupply and emigration situation. Fact: There's less and less people here and a massive oversupply. Who's gonna rent/buy ? Seriously now?

Another thing to consider: Less people are being born now than before. Ireland has had a high birthrate for awhile but is normalizing to EU/Western World standards. That only compounds the problem - a property for investment must be the dumbest thing ever in that light. Atleast you can sell stock and bonds within seconds on the world markets. A ****ty 1bed? 6months? 1 year? Never? Oh god, the list of issues with that is a mile long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement