Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor: Samsung Galaxy SII or HTC Sensation

Options
  • 15-07-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Any word on the Galaxy S2 coming back in stock or the Sensation being listed on the website?

I'm itching to buy one and don't want a 24 month :eek: contract from Three. I'll probably buy whatever appears in stock first.

I'm certain the Sensation will be in soon if Carphone Warehouse have them in stock, have sold some and have appeared to now be warned by Meteor not to sell them yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

marathonic wrote: »
    have sold some and have appeared to now be warned by Meteor not to sell them yet.

Why are they warning not to sell them?

You can get an 18mt off 3 if your don't want 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Why are they warning not to sell them?

I'm not sure. I did a little digging and see that some Carphone Warehouse locations have sold them, and others say that they're not available yet.

One particular Carphone Warehouse has supposedly sold at least one (probably more) and are now saying that they're not available yet.

On the Meteor Talk to Us forum, they state on the HTC Sensation thread that "The HTC Sensation is not currently approved for sale in Carphone Warehouse on the Meteor network.".

I'm guessing they know they'll likely sell more in the first couple of weeks than in the next couple of months and want to make them available via the Meteor website before CPW so that Carphone Warehouse don't get 'a bigger slice of the pie'..... although I could be wrong!!!!

You can get an 18mt off 3 if your don't want 24.

I'm a light user so the cheapest tariff suits me. With Three, that's €40 over 18 months. With Meteor, that's €30 over 12 months. The phone itself is actuall cheaper with Meteor too - and moreso when you consider I'd be porting from Three and would therefore be entitled to the FatCheese.ie rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

I've actually had 'itchy trigger fingers' and almost bought the HTC Desire S and the Sony Ericsson Experia Arc this week but held back...... I think I'd regret it because either the Galaxy SII or the Sensation is sure to become available next week - I hope..... :D

Advertisement