Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Dublin Beer Shop

• 15-07-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Heads Up!

I'm working on Upper Baggot St. and a new off-licence has opened.
    Sign in the window says "75 Craft Beers on-sale". Had a quick look yesterday and they had a nice selection.

Happy Days(Could be detrimental to my health though:pac:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

What's the name of this mysterious place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Baggot St. Wines 01-673033

(I had to go out and check). It used to be Oddbins next door to Donnybrook Fair.
    Hopefully this answers any questions you may have about name and location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

The Mulk wrote: »
    Baggot St. Wines 01-673033

(I had to go out and check). It used to be Oddbins next door to Donnybrook Fair.
    Hopefully this answers any questions you may have about name and location

Ah, I know that area. Had no idea Oddbins was gone. Will pop in for a look after work. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

No bother, fair play to them making a go of it. Hope it works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Been there this afternoon, really nice place. They have a fair share of the Porterhouse's beers - from the Belgian classics like Chimay, Westmalle or Gulden Draak to the O'Hara range and the PH beers themselves.

They also have a few Sierra Nevada, which seem to be quite popular around here - IPA, stout and another one I can't remember.

As for the prices, they seemed fair to me - from 2.10 for a PH beer to just below €4 for my beloved Westmalle. Don't remember anything pricier, except for the 75cl bottles obviously.

Fair play to them for setting this up, and they'll have tasting sessions during the weekend. PLUS they plan on getting Breton and Normand cider - hooray !

Also, they sell wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Thats great, actually the last time I went into Oddbins was early May and the shelves were almost empty was thinking it hadn't got long, great that a place selling good beer replaced it at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

hi, i popped into the Merrion Inn on Tuesday and i was pleasantly surprised to see they stocked world beers including an import version of Tooheys New which was a favorite drink of mine when i visited oz. I had to ask if there was any off Licence nearby that stocked it and a barman there recommended a place on Baggot Street but i couldn't remember the name. Does anyone know if that new place stocks it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Ian7 wrote: »
    hi, i popped into the Merrion Inn on Tuesday and i was pleasantly surprised to see they stocked world beers including an import version of Tooheys New which was a favorite drink of mine when i visited oz. I had to ask if there was any off Licence nearby that stocked it and a barman there recommended a place on Baggot Street but i couldn't remember the name. Does anyone know if that new place stocks it?

I havent been in that shop but Drinkstore have it. Ive also seen it in a few Superquinn's and The Lord Mayor's in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Don't remember having seen it, but I might have skipped it - or they might have it by now. Anyway, ask them on Facebook or by mail (baggotstreetwines at gmail dot com)

Advertisement