Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law

• 15-07-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

could somebody please explain the difference between Law and Clinical Law?
    I know that in Clinical Law there is work placement in 3rd year, but is there any other differences?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm not certain of this, but I think it is a question of 3 years v. 4 years? Saying that, I would say the extra year would be really worth it once you graduate

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

The only real difference is with the placement in thrid year. Apart from that in second year Legal Research module differs slightly in that you have 3 lectures which are meant to prepare you for the placement (the other law folk don't have these). But that really is nothing since Legal Research is a pass or fail module only.
    Apart from that you're in the same classes as all other law students.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

Agree with Mario. It makes precious little difference in what you do in college. Your second year is very slightly different in how your legal research module works out. That's not a biggie in any way because you have no exams in those modules, you just do a few assignments and that's it.

Having done clinical (my placements were in 2009/2010) I'd highly recommend it. One of the places I went to took me back the following summer so I had an entire year of work experience before I even entered my final year. That has proven to be invaluable in getting opportunities for other internships and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bernard bluff

wats de story with an employer employing internships while keepin his regular staff on 3 day week.

Advertisement