Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinnect power supply

Options
  • 15-07-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, was just wondering where I'd get the Kinnect power supply? Or if anyone has a new Slim and doesn't need theirs and would like to sell it! :)
    Also, where is the best place to get the hard drive casing for the slim that I can put the HD from my Phat into?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

1) Search donedeal/adverts.ie for Kinect Power Supplies. You can probably get cheap ones off ebay by now too. Or call Microsoft Xbox Support and ask them to sell you one, I know they sell power supplies for the xbox at €25 a pop.

2) DealExtreme.com for the case for the slim. Be careful though, there are two HDD descriptors in the Slim hard drive firmware (as noted in the HDDHackr changelog) while the old xbox hard drives only have 1 descriptor. I don't know if this might raise any eyebrows with MS when your slim starts reporting just the 1 descriptor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

1) Search donedeal/adverts.ie for Kinect Power Supplies. You can probably get cheap ones off ebay by now too. Or call Microsoft Xbox Support and ask them to sell you one, I know they sell power supplies for the xbox at €25 a pop.

2) DealExtreme.com for the case for the slim. Be careful though, there are two HDD descriptors in the Slim hard drive firmware (as noted in the HDDHackr changelog) while the old xbox hard drives only have 1 descriptor. I don't know if this might raise any eyebrows with MS when your slim starts reporting just the 1 descriptor

Thanks for that. Didn't know that about the descriptor. Pain in the ass, that'd mean I have to buy a new HD for my slim and get the data transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I just listed it as a possible concern, if you Google it I'm sure you'll find lots of people who just bought the enclosure off DX or some other site and are happily playing away :)

Advertisement