Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelwood Loughrea

Options
  • 15-07-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just seeing that there are a few houses for sale in here, its not an estate i'm familar with so was just wondering would they be worth considering one to buy or should i go for a newer estate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

I've been in a couple of them and they are nice houses, right side of Loughrea for commuting to Galway too. I did hear that they are cold in winter but we've had 2 extreme winters. It's a nice estate with good green areas and the main lot of houses is well in off the main road. I thought they were finished quite well when I was in them too. Worth a look, especially if you could book to see 3 or 4 of them in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

Hazelwood is a nice estate, relatively quiet and good for commuting access. Not lived there myself, but have had friends there at various stages.
    Thing is what do you want and how much are you going to pay?

Some of the newer estates in Loughrea are to be avoided. Built at the peak of the boom and horrible. Hazelwood is slightly more mature but the houses have a sold enough reputation and there doesnt appear to be an anti social element (from what I hear, but I'm not familiar with it currently).

Would certainly consider it, and be wary of the 'newer' estates. (although i hear (corridor conversations, so unsubstantiated) that there are certain developers in town that will take a cash offer of way below asking for houses at the moment (and I mean WAY below) for some of the newer houses in 'ghost' estates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hazelwood and Ashlawn were built by a highly reputable local builder unlike some of the jerry built crap in Loughrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Premier Girl

What estates in Loughrea are to be avoided? Im looking at buying at the moment. Thanks for advice :)

Advertisement