Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need to do to fit a new oven?

• 15-07-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Okay, I have a question (you might all think this is ridiculously stupid, but here I go anyway). My oven has just died. It's a standard single oven (i.e. there is just one door). It's one of these:

http://www.did.ie/Product/SINGLE-OVEN-BUILT-UNDER-TH704BL/17889/286

What I want to replace it with is a double oven, that looks like one of these:

http://www.did.ie/Product/BELLING-DOUBLEOVENS-BUILT-IN-BI90FPSS/18311/453

So, the width of both items is the same, but one is taller than the other. My existing oven is sitting on a shelf of some sort, which I presume will have to be removed before I can get my new one in. DID etc do an oven installation service, but I am presuming that this doesn't include kncoking out a bit of your kitchen to make the new appliance fit.

So, my question is what sort of person do I need to install the new oven for me? Will I be able to find one who will both take out the shelf thing and hook up the new oven? I don't know anyone who is in any way handy and I don't want to have to get two separate guys out to the house if I don't have to.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Can you post a pic of the existing oven in situ to give us an idea of the setup you are talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Hi Buford,

Thanks for that but I got a PM from someone who gave me pretty clear instructions as to what I needed to do, so I'm happy now!

Thanks for taking an interest!

Teyla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭brian_t

I got a PM from someone who gave me pretty clear instructions as to what I needed to do, so I'm happy now!

Are you sure they are qualified to offer such advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Fair enough.

It is relatively simple to do, but the amount of modification needed for the kitchen unit would depend on the current setup.

Advertisement