Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor turtle pond setup (suggestions wanted)

Options
  • 15-07-2011 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i spent 2 years building this pond and finally got my 3 yellow belly sliders into it last week. At the moment i have 7 neon tetras in with them (they havent caught them yet) and im looking for suggestions on what other fish to put in and any way i can make it a more natural enviroment. Any help would be apreciated. I will upload more photos soon.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kennybot88

more photos

i spent 2 years building this pond and finally got my 3 yellow belly sliders into it last week. At the moment i have 7 neon tetras in with them (they havent caught them yet) and im looking for suggestions on what other fish to put in and any way i can make it a more natural enviroment. Any help would be apreciated. I will upload more photos soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

thats very sweet man, what size is it? how is it been heated? how many litres?

i keep cichlids in my turtle tank, my turtles have never eaten any in the two years they've been together. i find the cichlids are aggressive enough and regularly fight over food with the turtles. i have razor backs though, yellow bellys get alot bigger so im not sure if they would work with yours

its around 700 litres, heated using one submersible aquiriam heater, i was surprised it was enough, but i have insulation under 3 layers of pond liner and about 6 inchs of earh and stone at the bottom so i seems to be holding the heat well.
    this is the first time the 3 sliders have being together and im having trouble getting the 2 smaller ones to bask

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ryan84

What did you use to make it? I have two and they are currently living in an old water tank from the attic. Gives them lots of space. But they dont get on anymore so I had to put a divider down the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Lovely set up Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

have you decided what fish your going to put into it?

Advertisement