Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Happening with BurgerKing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Seems fairly straight forward...retail units going in instead of burger king. Maybe they're relocating somewhere...I always felt they were limited being part of City Square...opening and closing times etc.

I like Burger King though, so I hope they're not gone for good. (even if the restaurant in city square was always filthy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nomnomnom burgerking is lovely.
    Agree with abouttobebanned with the whole part of city square thing was a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'll always remember the first time sitting in there as a kid when a pigeon walked past me while eating my burger.

Forgot to keep an eye on me burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

I'll always remember the first time sitting in there as a kid when a pigeon walked past me while eating my burger.

Forgot to keep an eye on me burger.

Yeah, maybe its better suited in a pigeon free area. There are ALWAYS pigeons in there. Goddam flying rats. :mad:

I do like the occasional chicken royal so I do hope it stays in waterford.... But for the royal always tell them its for sit in, even for take-out. They'll cut it in half for you then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

there's worse things than pigeons that hang around in burger king

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

kkdela6 wrote: »
    there's worse things than pigeons that hang around in burger king

Yeah, more like pigs than pigeons!! And tubby wans at dat buoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

If they go some were and set up a drive through. I will put on crap loads of weight and become one of those tubbys

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

If its retail units going in it should lead to a few new jobs!
    So keep your eyes peeled all you jobsearchers out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I hope they take over the Old Stand. I'd prefer if it was a pub again, but I'd settle for a Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

I prefer MacDonalds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

jayboi wrote: »
    If its retail units going in it should lead to a few new jobs!
    So keep your eyes peeled all you jobsearchers out there!

... and if it closes and doesn't relocate it will lead to a good few jobs lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

... and if it closes and doesn't relocate it will lead to a good few jobs lost...

Excellant! pessimism just whats needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

jayboi wrote: »
    Excellant! pessimism just whats needed

Welcome to Waterford ;)

The lease was probably up on the unit and Burger King will most likely relocate to somewhere else where they can be more profitable, probably the cork road or dunmore road area for a drive-thru. I can't see a company like BK just giving a market like Waterford to its competitors.

Am I right in saying that Burger King is a franchise, so someone could have set one up on the Cork Rd or Dunmore Rd already if they wanted to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

dayshah wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that Burger King is a franchise, so someone could have set one up on the Cork Rd or Dunmore Rd already if they wanted to?

I don't think so. I always thought the big players in the fast food were all companies and operated world wide. I could be wrong though.

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't think so. I always thought the big players in the fast food were all companies and operated world wide. I could be wrong though.

I'm fairly sure McDonalds is a franchise, and that you could have one person who actually owns more than one (I think its the same people own the Cork Rd and red square McDonalds, but I'm not sure).

But of course the McDonalds HQ have a lot of control on how the place is run, location, hygiene bla bla bla.

I've no idea about Pizza Hut or any of these places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Here's hoping they move onto the Cork Road. That city square location was a nightmare to get to especially in the evening time.

Here's hoping they move onto the Cork Road. That city square location was a nightmare to get to especially in the evening time.

Erm, unless you are already there, which I'm sure is the main customer base for Burger King, SuperMacs and McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Joe Byrne owns the 2 mcdonalds, good guy. self made, Delusions of Grandeur, but don't we all.....

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    Joe Byrne owns the 2 mcdonalds, good guy. self made, Delusions of Grandeur, but don't we all.....

McDonalds and delusions of grandeur make me think of Ronald McDonald and the film It.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

As an aside, are there any fast food chain outlets over in Ferrybank? It is an area which I don't know too well, but I imagine there is a population there now at this stage to support one or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

dayshah wrote: »
    McDonalds and delusions of grandeur make me think of Ronald McDonald and the film It.

Where is he now?

http://www.azwebcity.com/docc/picmcdonald.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

hardybuck wrote: »
    As an aside, are there any fast food chain outlets over in Ferrybank? It is an area which I don't know too well, but I imagine there is a population there now at this stage to support one or two?

There is a traditional chipper and a Chinese which is run by same crowd who own jade house in ballybricken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Where does it say on the pdf that burger king are leaving though, or is it just a rumour?

The places in City Square that would be affected is the Card Shop and prob that Maisy shop, along with Sully's behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

iseegirls wrote: »
    Sully's behind.

What's sullys arse got to do with burger king? Is it big?

Advertisement