Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Other Davies Brother - BBC4 tonight

Options
  • 15-07-2011 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for the guitar muscle of the Kinks.

Dave Davies - Kinkdom Come
    The Kinks guitarist looks back at his life, beginning with his childhood in Exmoor, where he grew up in a working-class family with a strong sense of community. He recalls the creation of the band's first hit You Really Got Me, which brought worldwide fame and a lifestyle of partying, and how tension with his brother Ray caused their relationship to break down. Part of Kinks Night
    Category Rock
    Director Julien Temple
    Producer Julien Temple

BBC4 9:00pm-10:15pm (1 hour 15 minutes) Fri 15 Jul

Kins at the BBC follows

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

1 Kinks at TOTP

2 Brothers In Arms ( about brothers in bands together ie, Dire Straits , Kinks , Bros , Oasis , Everly Brothers , Spandau Ballet .

3 Ray Davies biop

4 Dave Davies biop

^ I watched all 4 programmes last night, back to back and very enjoyable to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just realised the bio note is total rubbish! He lives on Exmoor now, brought up in Haringey London.

Interesting programme I saw the Ray Davis profile when shown on BBC1, they are both each others own worst enemy so to speak!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I didn't know as much about Daves life with his spiritulism but the sibling rivalry between both is well documented . Ray seemed to be the one in control when it came to the live act only allowing part of Daves ' death of a clown ' to be sang on stage .....enough to piss any brother off for starters :p

Nice part of the country Dave lives in now and some great scenic shots inbetween the highlights of the Kinks days but he seemed a bit ......lost himself in the interview .

Advertisement