Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Camping

Options
  • 15-07-2011 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey all,
    Myself and a few of my friends (girls and boys) are looking for a campsite in Galway for the races. Any of the campsites I’ve found online only cater for ‘families’. Does anybody know if there are campsites set up just for the race festival? Or does anyone know of campsite around Galway city that cater for all ages?
    I’ve rang the tourist office in Galway but they weren’t mush help.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

all i can say is dont camp in the claddagh park or on the beach or my dogs will piss on your tent!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

There is a caravan park/camp site down beside ballyloughane beach in renmore if thats any use to you, you wont find a closer one to the races anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dohertykkwdpd

Thanks for the advice!ha..
    yea thats salthill campsiteor sumting..i rang them and they dont cater for young groups!
    Iv found a hostle but day only have rooms available monday and tuesday..we'll just have 2 cut our week away short!..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

no it's not the salthill one, it's on the east side of the city not far from GMIT its called Ballyloughane Caravan & Camping Park if you want to google them.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Thanks for the advice!ha..
    yea thats salthill campsiteor sumting..i rang them and they dont cater for young groups!

Given the way some young groups here behave, I'm not overly surprised.

At home (overseas), telling motor camp owners that you're "a church group" quite often calms their fears about rioting drunks destroying the peace of their camp. Don't know it it will work here.

(It can be done in a way that's not technically lying if you choose your words carefully... sure'n some people from the group probably go to church together ..... :D )

Failing that ... www.hostelworld.com ... and ring the hostels direct even if the on-line systems say they're full.

Advertisement