Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not paying the correct wages

Options
  • 15-07-2011 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

HI there,

ive been in a job three weeks and the last three pay days my wages have been wrong, i am now owed €300, how can i go about getting this back? and s it illegal for them not to pay me on the day they said they would?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

This is nothing to do with emergency tax is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭BeeJazizWafuls

No this 300 euro is after emergency tax

Have you brought it to the attention of whoever is responsible for paying you? Are they disputing your rate of pay/hours of work and thinking they are correct or could this be a calculation error that they might admit to if it was highlighted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭BeeJazizWafuls

yes i have brought it to their attention and they are admitting the mistake, i was just under the impression that i am due my wages on the agreed date

I would think you are entitled to be paid on an agreed date.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/when_you_are_regularly_paid_late.html

This web page goes through what a person should do if they are regularly paid late. However, since your employer has admitted the mistake, maybe give them a bit more of a chance before going down that line. I've worked for recruitment agencies who have messed up and have taken a while to sort out pay because of the "we can only pay on certain days" nonsense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement