Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice photo of aer lingus a330 this morning

• 15-07-2011 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I had just dropped off a friend this morning, and broght my camera along and took this rather wonderful picture. it was taken by the concrete posts on the back road at eidw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭orionm_73

pure class.... well caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

nice catch Pete,and nice talkin to you this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Great shot. been trying to get something like that for ages. Welcome to Aviation and Aircraft :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Stunning shot. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Great Pic OP. What camera lens did u use. Where wa it taken??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 finglaspete

I took this photo yesterday morning about 7.45, i had just pulled up just to take a shot of anything colourful coming in, then an etihad a330 came out of the clouds, and was the most impressive site. But I didn't have the camera ready, this would have been a better shot. then i just waited for something big to come in, after a few aircraft in came EI EDY, the a330 in the picture. as i said the cloud was low, and the aircraft was only about 40 seconds out, the sun was also shining out of a gap elswhere slightly down on the plane, so this shined up the vortex on the planes wings. I was just in the right place, on a very damp morning.
    I have a Canon 1000d with a 70-300 lens, and i was parked on the 'back' road of the airport, you know, where you are coming from town on the old airport road, and you turn left at collinstown cross, on the left on this road, there is a pull in before the main viewing one, where you can climb to an elevated position on concrete barriers. probably the best place to take shots, since they put up that oversized new fence dow this end of the runway. the aircraft was coming from the east onto runway 28(i think this is the right number)
    all the best
    pete

Advertisement