Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muckno Mania Triathlon

• 15-07-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Anybody else doing the Lough Muchno Triathlon tomorrow in Castleblayney, Monaghan? Lets hope the weather improves!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Talk about scabby with the prizes
    http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=383

Three age groups
    16-30
    30-40
    41-99

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

I don't have a problem with smaller races doing that as otherwise they need to give potentially 60 prizes depending on how far up the ages groups they have to go
    10 ages groups from 16 to 65 x 6 (3 males/3 females).

Perhaps if triathlons went route of athletics and just had main group plus vets it'd help bring down costs of races even a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Did this yesterday. Dont know how the organisers always get the weather...!

Positives:
    • Excellent value for money - either 30 or 35 euro (cant remember) incl technical t-shirt
    • A bottomless pit of refreshments/drinks/tea/coffee etc.
    • The lie of the land lends itself to excellent triathlon location
    BUT......
    • Ridiculous amount of drafting going on... saw groups of 10+ riders.
    • No marshal at turn on to Dundalk road and I heard of at least two cyclists who missed this turn.

I did this event as my first ever triathlon 2 years ago and lined up yesterday for my 3rd attempt at this one. I keep going back as it I use it as a bench mark for my progress. Did 1hr 26min in 2009, 1hr 6min last year and 1hr 4min this year (the swim was short in 2010).

Would like to see a stricter approach to TI rules etc but all told an enjoyable value for money event with good buy in from the locals. With a small amount of tweaking this could be a cracker of an event.

Advertisement