Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro sim MIFI

Options
  • 15-07-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I recently got myself a 3g IPAD & a micro sim to get me my 3g access on the road. I also have a laptop with a 3g wireless internet dongle. Is it possible to get a device that I can take the micro sim that I have in my IPAD & put it into a wireless device & connect via wifi. If so then I can ditch the old wired dongle.
    Problem is I cant connect my current dongle to the IPAD to power it so would need a solution with battery life.

Many Thanks

Killian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

we use a Hotshot, I think all the providers have them now. You can connect up to 5 devices at a time, it is about the size of a mouse and you can go either billpay or pay as you go, whatever works best for you. I find ours good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭killiank

sorry I never said thanks. I got a Vodafone mobile WIFI device & it works great. Ive no idea why I was told first time around that it wouldnt work.

Advertisement