Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravans in Bundoran

Options
  • 15-07-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

can anyone help me out here. Im thinking about purchasing a caravan in one of the sites in Bundoran (Dartry View). I have never owned one and im looking for a rough guideline as to how much a decent used one will cost and how it operates (like yearly rent etc)

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

hitman07 wrote: »
    can anyone help me out here. Im thinking about purchasing a caravan in one of the sites in Bundoran (Dartry View). I have never owned one and im looking for a rough guideline as to how much a decent used one will cost and how it operates (like yearly rent etc)

Thanks in advance!!!

Your best bet is to contact the owners of the site directly as they will give you all the info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Hi,

Be very careful that this is what you want before you part with your cash. There is a lot of price fixing going on here and activity veering towards criminality. I have been one of the unlucky one who has been unfortunate to loose out quite badly. When I bought my mobile a couple of years ago, I was told by site owner that I could sell again if I needed to (but through him). I found myself in a position when I could no longer pay out 1600 euro site fees (a huge amount of money in these times). I found a buyer and approached the owner. First he said transfer fees would be 2000 euro which I thought was heavy but agreed to pay. Then he said It could only be sold offsite to take away as it was too old for his site (we were 2 years into the 7 years that he said it should be o.k. for). I asked him my options. He said:
    He could place it in his yard
    He said he would see find a trader to take it off me

The day prior to the renewal contract a trader rang me up who said the site owner had asked to look at my mobile. He offered me 450 euro (I had been offered 4000 by people who wished to purchase and keep on site). I had no option but to take this.

Just to warn people about this. I was also given the wrong information about the mobile I bought. The receipt indicates the wrong year etc. The site owner gave me misinformation about terms and conditions and I did not get a contract. The owners help each other out by buying mobile (like mine) off each other at a very low price. Don't be a fool like me and get caught.

Advertisement