Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mysterious Calf Pain

• 15-07-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Not looking for medical advice, just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

Did a light enough spin Mon night, no climbing, no sprinting etc. got off the bike felt fine, and walked around all evening no issue. Just before bed calf felt a bit weird - thought nothing of it.

Woke up Tuesday and calf was sore, thought it might be a night cramp or general stiffness (altho was worse) so stretched it and prob made it worse. Got sorer as the day went on and very sore to touch Wednesday.

Yesterday miles better and today perfect. Stretch no issue, massage and not sore, run up stairs.

Initially i was thinking pull (even though id done nothing of note to pull it) as you do but seems to have cleared up way too fast. Can you get a pinched nerve or something similar in a calf muscle? Very sore Wednesday, perfect Friday seems strange

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It sounds like Sudden Calf Pain Syndrome.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Raam wrote: »

Masterpiece:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Should i google that? Or do i risk finding out i need an amputation? I'd ask for your prognosis Dr. Raam but i fear the mods might get nasty

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Should i google that? Or do i risk finding out i need an amputation? I'd ask for your prognosis Dr. Raam but i fear the mods might get nasty

Taller socks will solve your problem.

Taller socks will solve your problem.
    How tall? Long socks or mid calf?

• Advertisement

How tall? Long socks or mid calf?

Are you telling me that you don't know the difference between tall socks and long socks?

Are you telling me that you don't know the difference between tall socks and long socks?
    I'm telling you i know this thread is doomed now anyway! I was just wondering if i should follow a certain fashion guru who rides for swords (not you obviously:P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Did a light enough spin Mon night, no climbing, no sprinting etc. got off the bike felt fine, and walked around all evening no issue. Just before bed calf felt a bit weird - thought nothing of it.

Try Climbing a Hill and/or sprinting next time you go out. At least you'll know whats causing the pain in your legs!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

It's probably your shoes.

Note to self don't start threads at half 4 on a friday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

It can also happen from wrong size tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

Had a fair bit of problems with my feet. Fitting the bike solved most of them. It can be your shoes, your saddle, your cranks, or just the above mentioned SCPS condition.

I'd see if it happens again, only then worry a little more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Did 100K this morning, I now have a bit of a twinge in my mysterious
    calf!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

I have <snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cantalach wrote: »
    I have <snip>.
    This is definitely taking the thread down the "medical advice" route, which we cannot allow

Any further posts of this nature and we'll have to close the thread

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

Beasty wrote: »
    I have <snip>.
    This is definitely taking the thread down the "medical advice" route, which we cannot allow

Any further posts of this nature and we'll have to close the thread

Thanks

Beasty

Fair enough. When the original medical question wasn't nipped in the bud I just assumed the policy had been relaxed. My bad. Apols.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fair enough. When the original medical question wasn't nipped in the bud I just assumed the policy had been relaxed. My bad. Apols.
    The OP was asking if anyone else had similar experiences. I appreciate it's very difficult for someone to say yes without explaining what their own diagnosis was. However until your post no-one had gone this far.

With these threads if the OP makes it clear they are not asking for any medical advice we will try and let them run if possible, but if someone does start offering such advice or suggestions as to what the underlying issue may be we run into problems.

Beasty you can lock up this thread anyway to avid further issues. not sure what it was but i ve cycled since with no issues. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement