Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV & Passport

Options
  • 15-07-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

I am applying for a WHV, hoping to head to Australia by November. My passport will need to be renewed as it expires next year. My question is do i need to renew my passport before I apply for my WHV or can i apply for the WHV while I wait for my passport? WHen applying online will they be checking that my passport is in date or is this just for passport control?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I'm in the same situation-ish, a friend i'm going with his passport will expire while we're gone. He is going to get a new one first as i assume the passport number needed for the visa and actual passport number have to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

I was going to just use my old passport when i was getting my WHV when it had 8 months left on it but when i booked my flights, trailfinders told me i should apply for a new passport first as the WHV is linked to the passport number

Got my passport in about 3 weeks and sorted my WHV on Tuesday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

elle wrote: »
    I am applying for a WHV, hoping to head to Australia by November. My passport will need to be renewed as it expires next year. My question is do i need to renew my passport before I apply for my WHV or can i apply for the WHV while I wait for my passport? WHen applying online will they be checking that my passport is in date or is this just for passport control?

Yes you will have to get a new passport before applying, as far as i know there will be a different number on your new passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

elle wrote: »
    Your passport is linked to your WHV, so if you renew your passport you'll have to then link it to your new visa, much easier to renew passport and apply for WHV on that (takes less than 3 days to get WHV so no rush)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Cool, I'm going to renew my passport on Monday so I have plenty of time to get the WHV as I'm not leaving until november. Thanks for the replies x

• Advertisement
Advertisement