Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom cancellation fee

Options
  • 15-07-2011 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

do eircom apply the early cancelletion fee

i cancelled early before and it wasn't charged

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Without being facetious surely the best people to ask that question to are Eircom? No matter how many people here tell you they either do or dont it will depend on your particular circumstances with your Eircom contract.

In general if you break a contract before the intial period is completed (Usually 12 months) then the isp will be entitled to charge you for the outstanding amount. Where product upgrades are concerned they may have required a further commitment to a certain fixed period and the same would apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

M cebee wrote: »
    do eircom apply the early cancelletion fee

i cancelled early before and it wasn't charged

thanks

Hi M cebee
    yes standard contracts stipulate that early charges are applied if contract cancelled early.
    I cannot explain why you were not charged an early cancellation fee if you did request release before the end date?
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

thanks

why is 30 days notice required when disconnecting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

M cebee wrote: »
    thanks

why is 30 days notice required when disconnecting?

Hi M cebee

The 30 day cancellation notice is standard business practice with many telephone providers.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gaa_fan

What is the cancellation fee?

How much is it per month left on a contract?

Is it the same fee applied regardless of what package you're on, or does it vary?

What is the cancellation fee for somebody subscribing to the NGB regular broadband and talktime chatter bundle?

Where are these fees listed on the Eircom website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

gaa_fan wrote: »
    What is the cancellation fee?

How much is it per month left on a contract?

Is it the same fee applied regardless of what package you're on, or does it vary?

What is the cancellation fee for somebody subscribing to the NGB regular broadband and talktime chatter bundle?

Where are these fees listed on the Eircom website?
    Hi gaa_fan
    Have answered your other post, and if you PM me can chase for you. The answer to this is the full amount per month remaining within the year contract. So multyply your montly package price by the number of months of contract remaining.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭upsilon

WARNING, I Moved from Eircom to Digiweb this October.
    Order was place after end of minimum contract. 32 days after order date, lines were transferred over. then I got a bill for €24 for NOT giving then 30 days notice.
    Phoned digiweb, was told that they did give them notice on the day of order. Phoned eircom was told that they disregarded notification from digiweb, only a written notification from customer himself is accepted hence the charge. Reading the notification of change of contract it does says customer must give 30 days notice but it does not say new supplier cannot give notice.
    Any body with similar experience?

Advertisement