Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross realm groups?

Options
  • 15-07-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

This pleases me alot.

I got added by a realID friend to a group earlier and we could queue for dungeons etc... Fantastic!

It didnt work for battlegrounds tho. Any idea why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

would this work with raids? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Only works with Heroics at the moment, been testing it out with a friend.

It's set to be a premium service though, so I doubt I'll be paying for this aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Sonics2k wrote: »

It's set to be a premium service though, so I doubt I'll be paying for this aswell.

Please tell me that's a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Might get some people back if doesnt go premium. If does, think it'll just piss more people off. Wouldnt mind goin back on if worked with raids, we could have a boards raid :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sonics2k wrote: »

Good old Activision...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »

When it was first announced it was down as a "future premium service".

Recent Blue posts are side-stepping questions about whether it will be for sure or not.

Real ID Party as a "Premium" feature
    I said this as a response on the blog and I'll post it here as well:
    We greatly appreciate constructive feedback about this, but as we mention in the FAQ above we'll have information about a cost for premium services at a future point in time. For now, all anyone is able to do is "guess" at what this could mean. Let's focus on testing for now and avoid supposition about any sort of cost at this point in time. It's too easy for people to get involved in hearsay that is inaccurate or misleading.
    We know people have concerns over this and get a bit itchy about the word "premium", but for now the answer we can give is the one in the FAQ. Your constructive feedback though is helpful in the testing of the feature and will help us make sure it's serving the community in the best possible way. What we want to avoid is people getting ahead of themselves and guessing at prices or spreading misinformation or rumor. We want this to be successful. We want the community to find value in it being available to them.

This is just one of several ways in which people can get together with their friends whether that includes them relocating realms and factions or not. It's simply an additional choice that will hopefully make your time in the game more enjoyable for you and your friends. It's not any more sinister than that.
    Real ID Party cost
    In other words, we have not announced an associated cost with this at this point in time and it's free for testing currently. Anything beyond this is merely conjecture on people's parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nix wrote: »

Why are people saying its premium when its not.

The option is free and has been stated as free, with additional benefits being premium best.

And as of now, nothing has been officially confirmed .

TheDoc wrote: »
    Why are people saying its premium when its not.

The option is free and has been stated as free, with additional benefits being premium best.

And as of now, nothing has been officially confirmed .

The current testing is free, and open to everyone who plays and has RealID enabled.

The original announcement said it would premium based when it's out. They have yet to clarify if the full function will be premium based, or what parts of it will be.
    With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
    Source

I like this function, its quite handy for my girlfriend and I, as we both have 85s on other servers, and so far it's been fun to do Heroics together on other characters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

maybe the Premium account would replace the subscription, and we can get a free account if we don't want the features .......

...as if :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

lol, blizz find yet another way to leech money from people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Tbh, im really liking the sound of this alot, apart from the fact it may become a paid sevrice.

People ive played with in the past have gone to different servers, and i thought id never be able to play with them again:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

copeyhagen wrote: »
    lol, blizz find yet another way to leech money from people...

So to get it right, youllbalready be paying a subscription yeah? And this will be another payment ON TOP of that for what, like added content?!!

This sounds like WoW is being a subscription service AND buy your content...similar to those other MMO's that are free!!!

How will they keep numbers up if this is the direction it's going in!

Surion wrote: »
    So to get it right, youllbalready be paying a subscription yeah? And this will be another payment ON TOP of that for what, like added content?!!

This sounds like WoW is being a subscription service AND buy your content...similar to those other MMO's that are free!!!

In a nutshell yes, you'll pay your normal monthly sub, and if you wish to use the RealID Cross-Realm system, you may have to pay an additional fee (the amount is unknown).

I can see the reasons for doing this.
    Usually people would transfer to another server to play with a friend, but this way they can still do Heroics with all their friends without having to pay the cost of a server change.

However, even though I can see why they'd need to charge, I'm still not going to pay for it. Heroics bore me anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Surion wrote: »

Because you dont have to buy the content.

Its the mount/pet debate all over again. Yeah if you cant afford no biggy, your not missing out.

But its an added bonus for those with the cash and who dont mind spending the cash.

I cant see any ADDITIONAL COST. Might this REALID just be coming apart of the current additional subscription.

So you will have AH access from anywhere, guild chat from anywhere and the ability to do dungeons with mates cross realm for what, 3 euro a month or something?

Seriously, its not really a big deal. If you think its bent, too pricey or you dont want it, then you dont have to buy it.

But these features will appeal to alot of people who dont mind forking out a measly few euro for some extra functionality. It doesnt make someone a better player or give them an advantage, its simply some additional functionality.

Functionality that really cant be just thrown in for free, well it can, but simply put its not a mass on demand request.

Not everyone is swetting to use the AH from their phone.
    Not everyone is swetting for guild chat remotely
    And not everyone has mates on other servers they cant play with.

Its a niche, and Blizzard being a very profitable and succesful company realise people will pay for this niche.

I think the price is very reasonable, seriously, 3 euro or something, thats cheaper then a coffee....and I have 4 of those a day

Advertisement