Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help - Physiotherapy, Corporate Law or Commerce

• 15-07-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey Guys,

Right well I am facing into LC in September.
    For the past year I have been narrowing down my course choice/career choices....I have to say it has been the hardest decision.

Currently I am looking at :
    -Physiotherapy (Doing it in Scotland)
    -Commerce in NUIG
    -Corporate Or Civil law at NUIG

After having a short break in London, One thing I noticed majorly is all the guys in suits, grabbing a tube, getting their coffee fix before work and meeting up with clients/friends for lunch. I must say that this lifestyle does appeal to me and I would enjoy the thrill of working and living in such a vibrant city like London. regrettable I am sure they all work long hours and are stressed to the max. I am just wondering if a Corporate / Civil Law or Commerce degree would lead to this lifestyle and would be good paying.
    I am interested in Admin, Law, Human resource manag. etc. My only fear is that I will pick something I dont like....Like im afraid that if I choose law I will find it tough or will find it a bit boring or monogamous.

On the other hand I am looking at Physiotherapy, as I see it being good, working with patients, using your hands, Slightly more practical than the other careers mentioned above^. Downside, I dont get to wear a suit everyday, negotiate business deals over lunch, meet influential people as much. Also there would not be as much administration work, which does appeal to me..

So im stuck in a fix....Cant decide what to do..
    What i am asking is for people with there views on the 3/4 courses mentioned above. Have you gotten employment after the course, are you enjoying it? Is the wages alright to live off until you can get more experience and earn more?

Hope this thread makes sense...I am really in the need to talk to people about it, and I hope this will reach out to people who can help me...

Cheers,
    ~Dave!

Advertisement