Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern German helmets

Options
  • 15-07-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi All! I just bought a new m88 helmet and I was wondering are surplus flecktarn camo covers compatible with the m88? ive been trying to so some research about modern German helmets but all I can find is info about WW2 era German helmets. thanks. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yep the cover from the kevlar helmet fits fine. Just make sure you don't get the older M1 helmet cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Yep the cover from the kevlar helmet fits fine. Just make sure you don't get the older M1 helmet cover.

Which the majority of surplus covers are. The way to tell the difference is the newer cover has 2 parallel rows of loops, runnings from the front to the back to allow the attachment of foliage. The older versions have loops which cross each other.

New

20910_0.jpg

Old

20908_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Also bear in mind there are two types of cover for the Kevlar helmet. One is Flecktarn/snow and the other Flecktarn/Desert Flecktarn.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ReapersAirsoft

Thanks lads, I was about to order one off ASMC then discovered postage was 17 quid!!! Found one on Ebay with far cheaper postage so im happy now. Thanks lads :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement