Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Rahoon safe?

Options
  • 15-07-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi im starting postgrad in NUI in septemeber and looking around at accomadation.

so far ive seen a lovely house in sliabh rioga in rahoon, but im concerned about the area. is it safe?
    the other tenant will be away alot so i will be staying in house on my own quite often-- that concerns me is its not a safe area.

then the walk to uni looks dodgy-- past halting site ect

im viewing another room in scelig ard--- i just noticed its neigherbouring estate is ballinfoyle park which i heard was dodgy

so my question is which of these two areas is safe

should i just keep looking maybe

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I lived there for a while in College, probably 7-8 years ago now and found it perfectly safe, never had a problem, there are some bad eggs living there sure, but I don't think it is overly dangerous for the likes of yourself (student).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ryan84

Don't think Rahoon is too bad. I am a mature student in NUIG and lived a short distance from there for my first year of college. I do drive though so never had to walk around the area. I live in knocknacarra now. Find it nicer but you would need to drive to make it convienient for college. Only 15min to the park and ride.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Personally i would never live there but that's not because i consider it a bad area.

Advertisement