Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford town

Options
  • 15-07-2011 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

I am thinking of moving to Wexford town, I got accepted to study there. I am a mature student. What is Wexford town like? I don't drive so what's it like to get around? Is the IT within walking distance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I am thinking of moving to Wexford town, I got accepted to study there. I am a mature student. What is Wexford town like? I don't drive so what's it like to get around? Is the IT within walking distance?

depends on where your staying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

depends on where your staying.

I don't know yet. looking for a place if I can get one near everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Moved to Wexford town a few years ago. I'm not sure what kind of a walker you are, but I can't say that i would consider anywhere or anything within the town as being outside walking distance. (Except maybe the cinema!)The IT is fairly centrally located too, by comparison with other towns and citys.

Of course on some rainy days, you'd appreciate being a bit closer! Wexford Bus does do a shuttle service which stops by the IT, as far as i know.

If you have a look at places to rent/share on daft.ie, you'll get a better idea of how close you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

The IT is about 10-15 minutes walk from the main street. Not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

funkyflea wrote: »
    The IT is about 10-15 minutes walk from the main street. Not bad at all.

If you're walking at any normal pace you can get from the IT to the main street in about ten minutes, maybe less! There's a second campus for the Art courses (such as Art and Vis Comm) that is literally a three or four minute walk from the main street.

Everything in Wexford is quite centrally located and really easy to walk to (except the cinema as someone said). Pay a few visits before making your decision though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement