Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using HD tv as monitor ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Last question ...... When I have the Hdmi cable plugged into the graphics card and tv do I just need to hit source and then hdmi and it'll be ready . Also what about resolutions my tv does 1080i I think but I play my Xbox in 720p, do I need to have it at a particular resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Yeah, once your pc is hooked up to the tv just select the HDMI as the source. When I do hook up the TV it will automatically pick up the recommended resolution and display it at that resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hey, Folks, Apologies if this is hijacking the OP's query. I want to stream content, both live and recorded on hdd to my tv without rooting out the existing card and trying to install a new card with all the bells & whistles. Saw the following on Amazon. Would they work just as good as a new card?

1 ClimaxDigital USB 2.0 to DVI,VGA or HDMI Adaptor (supports up to 2048 X 1152)*1080p Full HD ready * External Videocard * Multi Display Adapter/splitter/converter ** Includes DVI to HDMI adaptor and DVI to VGA adaptor**supports XP/Vista/Windows 7/Mac OS.
    2 Winstar USB 2.0 to DVI , VGA or HDMI Adapter * NEW * 1080p Full HD ready * External Videocard * Multi Display Adapter (splitter * converter)

Both are under £50 and there's free delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hey, Folks, Apologies if this is hijacking the OP's query. I want to stream content, both live and recorded on hdd to my tv without rooting out the existing card and trying to install a new card with all the bells & whistles. Saw the following on Amazon. Would they work just as good as a new card?

1 ClimaxDigital USB 2.0 to DVI,VGA or HDMI Adaptor (supports up to 2048 X 1152)*1080p Full HD ready * External Videocard * Multi Display Adapter/splitter/converter ** Includes DVI to HDMI adaptor and DVI to VGA adaptor**supports XP/Vista/Windows 7/Mac OS.
    2 Winstar USB 2.0 to DVI , VGA or HDMI Adapter * NEW * 1080p Full HD ready * External Videocard * Multi Display Adapter (splitter * converter)

Both are under £50 and there's free delivery to Ireland.

Anyone?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Anyone?????

Have you a link?

• Advertisement
Advertisement