Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metalheads - Opinions please!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

The silence on a few sites makes me feel like were doing something wrong and I honestly thought our song was a bit of a tune!

Constructive criticism would be really appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Nah man, it's a good track I think - obviously there's a lot going on vocally but there's a strong platform underneath there so in my opinion it works.

Cheers man, we're gonna get it properly done and layered soon along with a full ep, so lets hope we can get more views on this first to make us understand a little more on peoples thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keybot

yeah its not too bad lad,bit all over the place like teekayd said theres alot going on vocally maybe too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

If you want my opinion, I think the vocals sound too much like Slipknot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

In my honest opinion, the guitar is too squeaky sounding it needs more of a coarser effect. It's too Fender Strat sounding for my liking. EMG's or Seymour Duncans on the clean channel would sound way more badass!
    The drums seemed fine to me!
    The vocalist is more than capable, so I'd drop the Slipknot-like talking part....the part where he says " the penultimate......is near" Ye will be branded as a Slipknot rip-off otherwise.

Finally I think the name needs revision too 'Final' and 'End' have the same meanings so I think it doesnt make sense. Overall I think ye have a good sound and I really liked the singing parts. I'll be looking forward to the finished product!
    Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Finally I think the name needs revision too 'Final' and 'End' have the same meanings so I think it doesnt make sense.
    I noticed that to but I put it down to artistic tautology.

Thanks for the replies lads, I agree it has a lot going on and the guitars aren't sounding the greatest but this is just a taster, we couldnt go all out and get a studio to record us for a taster, We did this in a mates rehearsal room and he had only started learning to record.

keep the opinions flowing as im passing them back and the song is getting a rework! sounding much cooler now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Sounds like there's too much going on. It's millions of different songs and bands mixed into one song. Like you're trying to sound like a lot of things and should just find one style that works for you.
    I'd drop the talking thing as said earlier, its too slipknot.

Advertisement