Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT resources for online lectures and webinars aimed at section 3

Options
  • 15-07-2011 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi fellow gamsat hopefulls,

So I came across this great site that has free online lectures for just about any imaginable topic under biology, chemistry, organic chemistry or physics:

http://www.khanacademy.org/

I was just wondering if anyone has come across similar free online resources, and even better would be online lectures and webinars geared specifically towards MCAT or GAMSAT.

Please share. Thanks a million !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

wow, slow forum.

can anyone suggest a more active GAMSAT forum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

anhedonia wrote: »
    Hi fellow gamsat hopefulls,

So I came across this great site that has free online lectures for just about any imaginable topic under biology, chemistry, organic chemistry or physics:

http://www.khanacademy.org/

I was just wondering if anyone has come across similar free online resources, and even better would be online lectures and webinars geared specifically towards MCAT or GAMSAT.

Please share. Thanks a million !!

Hey,

For people with no chemistry background the following is excellent for starting out:

Www.chemguide.co.uk

I think it's a timing thing: the majority of people here are demented waiting for the cut off for this year right now. After that I'm sure it will be busier with people concentrating on the sept and march exams.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Thanks Heybert!

Yeah that makes sense.

Looking to sit next March myself. Just want to get an early start on some prep, as quite frankly, this exam sounds fairly nasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

anhedonia wrote: »
    Thanks Heybert!

Yeah that makes sense.

Looking to sit next March myself. Just want to get an early start on some prep, as quite frankly, this exam sounds fairly nasty :)

It's tough but doable. I got a 58 and didn't take time out to study apart from evenings and weekends. Saying that, I did a course in London last summer which helped me a lot - it was useful to set a curriculum for me otherwise it would have been difficult to cover the right material with a full time job and no science background.

I know it is an expensive exam but if possible I suggest doing it in sept too to get a feel for the exam and it's timing in particular.

Should I be lucky enough to get a place In the coming weeks I'll be looking to sell off my notes from that course if you or anyone is interested.

Advertisement