Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Of The Dance

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

CptSternn wrote: »
    If the COM loses it bid to become a world wonder, can we all blame Flatley?

no but lets blame him anyway, cocky big head that he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

philstar wrote: »
    no but lets blame him anyway, cocky big head that he is

I was thinking the same thing but sure, the promoter has continued to dig himself a grave at this point and MSO appears to be the problem.

Flatley offered to do the show for free and they still said no. How fecked is your planning when the entertainment for an event says they will do it for free and you still can't get the event going?

What I want to know is the media is reporting Clare coco is out a quarter mill - is MSO going to be paying that back to us and is the coco going to go after him for it? If not, why? The county complains about lack of funds and yet is willing to piss away a quarter mill on a failed venture and not say boo about it?

If they make no effort to recover their losses, or should I say our losses, I would see that as someone criminal. I know if I cost the county €250,000 they would say something sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

CptSternn wrote: »
    What I want to know is the media is reporting Clare coco is out a quarter mill - is MSO going to be paying that back to us and is the coco going to go after him for it? If not, why? The county complains about lack of funds and yet is willing to piss away a quarter mill on a failed venture and not say boo about it?

If they make no effort to recover their losses, or should I say our losses, I would see that as someone criminal. I know if I cost the county €250,000 they would say something sure.
    Your figures are incorrect. Ger Dollard of Clare County Council has confirmed that the Council invested €50,000. I agree with you though, we are probably at the loss of that money now :(

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/250k-loss-on-ill-fated-lord-of-dance-gigs-165103.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Your figures are incorrect. Ger Dollard of Clare County Council has confirmed that the Council invested €50,000. I agree with you though, we are probably at the loss of that money now :(

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/250k-loss-on-ill-fated-lord-of-dance-gigs-165103.html

BULL I don't believe Mr O'Connell what I want to know is who the council gave the 50k to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

haybob wrote: »
    BULL I don't believe Mr O'Connell what I want to know is who the council gave the 50k to.
    It would appear that the €50,000 has been blown on marketing and advertising the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

MrsD007 wrote: »

They are not my figures, I just reposted what was in the Indo.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/flatley-gig-promoter-lsquoran-out-of-cashrsquo-2854678.html
    Loss MPO Promotions and Clare County Council have been left with a combined loss of quarter of a million euro.

I find it hard to believe the promoter is taking a larger hit than the county on this.

Advertisement