Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elverys Pro Form 500 ZLT Treadmill Any Good??

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi Im looking into getting the Elverys Pro Form 500 ZLT Treadmill, which is currently on sale in Elvery Sports for €600 and another €50 delivered, down from €1000, I was wondering does anyone have any experience with this, or know how good/ reliable etc it is? There will be 3 or 4 people in the house using it, mostly for walking, but im looking for it to run on regulary, Also does anyone know what the I-Fit cards for it are about and if they are worth using? Any any advice would be very much appreciated, Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Hi Im looking into getting the Elverys Pro Form 500 ZLT Treadmill, which is currently on sale in Elvery Sports for €600 and another €50 delivered, down from €1000, I was wondering does anyone have any experience with this, or know how good/ reliable etc it is? There will be 3 or 4 people in the house using it, mostly for walking, but im looking for it to run on regulary, Also does anyone know what the I-Fit cards for it are about and if they are worth using? Any any advice would be very much appreciated, Thanks :D

Bought same model from Elverys last December - no issues with it, solid to run on and good speed/slevation on it., would recommend it as great value.

iFit cards are SD cards that are pre programmed and they slot in and automatically change speed/elevation every minute for a specific workout program. You have to buy them, they don't come with it but there are programs on the internet where you can make up your own - have never actually used them as don't see the benefit - the 500 ZLT has an individual button for 0-2-4-6-9-10 % elevation and also 4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18 kph - this makes it very easy to one touch change speed & elevation on interval type workouts without having to tap down or up arrow repeatedly like on many treadmills.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Bought same model from Elverys last December - no issues with it, solid to run on and good speed/slevation on it., would recommend it as great value.

iFit cards are SD cards that are pre programmed and they slot in and automatically change speed/elevation every minute for a specific workout program. You have to buy them, they don't come with it but there are programs on the internet where you can make up your own - have never actually used them as don't see the benefit - the 500 ZLT has an individual button for 0-2-4-6-9-10 % elevation and also 4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18 kph - this makes it very easy to one touch change speed & elevation on interval type workouts without having to tap down or up arrow repeatedly like on many treadmills.

Thanks very much for the info, sounds very good :D, would you recommend it would be delivered or would it be easy to set up myself at home?

Anyone else have experience with this treadmill?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Bought one of these around the start of the year. No major issues with it so far, the belt started slipping a few weeks back but it's a simple job to tighten it again. I'd use it for running and find it's well able for it.

BTW Elvery's won't give you the option of assembling it yourself, some BS abount H&S. To be honest it'd probably be a bit of hassle trying to do it yourself anyway!

nicol wrote: »
    Bought one of these around the start of the year. No major issues with it so far, the belt started slipping a few weeks back but it's a simple job to tighten it again. I'd use it for running and find it's well able for it.

BTW Elvery's won't give you the option of assembling it yourself, some BS abount H&S. To be honest it'd probably be a bit of hassle trying to do it yourself anyway!

Ah right thanks, seems farely robust so, once theres nothing major to go wrong with it :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how long the motor should last in this treadmill?? As I see the warrenty covers the motor for 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I got one of these in December 2009 and actually assembled it myself. It wasn't that difficult, took about half an hour and I'm not exactly Mr DIY of the year.

We're both very happy with the machine. My wife uses it probably 3 times a week. I used it a lot last winter for long runs up to 16 miles and plenty of tempo sessions so it has been worked hard. We've had no issues with it whatsover so would definitely recommend it.

I got one of these in December 2009 and actually assembled it myself. It wasn't that difficult, took about half an hour and I'm not exactly Mr DIY of the year.

We're both very happy with the machine. My wife uses it probably 3 times a week. I used it a lot last winter for long runs up to 16 miles and plenty of tempo sessions so it has been worked hard. We've had no issues with it whatsover so would definitely recommend it.

Thanks for the info, will probaly try assemble it at home aswell, cant wait to get going on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Does anyone know how long the motor should last in this treadmill?? As I see the warrenty covers the motor for 5 years

I have a Proform treadmill from Elverys for at least 7 years now.

I do the vast majority of my running on it (to the consternation of many), and it's running well. Unfortunately, it only goes up to 16 km/hr and recent PBs mean this is too slow for interval pace so I need to upgrade to an 18 km/hr.

Nwm2 wrote: »
    I have a Proform treadmill from Elverys for at least 7 years now.

I do the vast majority of my running on it (to the consternation of many), and it's running well. Unfortunately, it only goes up to 16 km/hr and recent PBs mean this is too slow for interval pace so I need to upgrade to an 18 km/hr.

Have ya had any problems with any parts or anything, or has it ran good for the past 7 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Have ya had any problems with any parts or anything, or has it ran good for the past 7 years?

Had to open the section holding the motor once to tighten the motor belt.

Apart from that, no issues.

However there is an issue in cold weather where the front panel won't accept key presses. A quick blast with a fan heater sorts it out. I need to open the panel and adjust something. Has been like that forever.

So, I give it a clean bill of health for durability.

A home treadmill simply does not see much use. A few 10s of km per week under heavy usage. Compare that to a gym treadmll going for hours every day.

Nwm2 wrote: »
    Had to open the section holding the motor once to tighten the motor belt.

Apart from that, no issues.

However there is an issue in cold weather where the front panel won't accept key presses. A quick blast with a fan heater sorts it out. I need to open the panel and adjust something. Has been like that forever.

So, I give it a clean bill of health for durability.

A home treadmill simply does not see much use. A few 10s of km per week under heavy usage. Compare that to a gym treadmll going for hours every day.

Cheers thanks, just got my treadmill today, hopefully it will last as well as yours has :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I know this is an old post, Im just wondering how you are getting on with this treadmill after 2 years of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

I still use it occasionally, much prefer heading out for a road run. It's still up to the task for those rainy days though. I probably don't use it as much as I thought I would, it's a slog compared to getting out for a run.
    I know this is an old post, Im just wondering how you are getting on with this treadmill after 2 years of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Glad to hear its still working as Im collecting one that someone is selling on adverts later today. Im not into running, but middle age is creeping up and playing computer games all the time isnt doing my waistline any good at all!

same as said already its still working perfect no problems, the biggest problem is staying motivated on it, easier to go outside and run, great for the rainy weather though

Advertisement