Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all romantic guys please help

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hi guys, i've been going out with my boyfriend now for 9 months and feel llike ive known him my whole life. for the first time in my life im so in love. im 24 yrs old. i just think about him all the time and want him to know how much i love him. i always tell him etc but i want to get him something or make him something. i just dont want it to be something only a girl would appreciate. what have you guys ever gotten from your girls which was so special you could cry. i want to touch his heart like he touches mine.

the thing is he might be leaving ireland in 2 months time so id like to get him something he will have forever. preferably cheap cos i'm very poor. is there any bracelet that most guys would wear that i could get engraved? or a necklace? or any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

the wire box set...

seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Sometimes it's the little things that you can't put a price on that you remember for your whole life, like "dinner" (steak if he loves steak lol!), over a campfire at night up the mountains, a few cheap bottles of wine, an auld tent, best night out ever I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    the wire box set...

seriously

this a million times over

krudler wrote: »
    this a million times over

Have never even heard of this, what is it?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It is one of, if not the, best TV shows ever. it is brilliant. You need to watch it - everybody does :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

It is one of, if not the, best TV shows ever. it is brilliant. You need to watch it - everybody does :D

No doubt!

Ellian wrote: »
    No doubt!

heh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

ok... I've had a little to drink so take this with a grain of salt...
    You want him to remember you forever? For him to think of you fondly and often?

Find a dish that he really likes, something slightly unusual, make it for him, make it a nice night, a little wine, candles and so on... We don't really care about that but mood lighting is important on a emotional and memory level, a close and passionate night... ;)

And then... The key idea... Then you teach him how to make that dish...
    From time to time he'll make it, or even just want it... And he'll think of you, and that night.... and of your relationship in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

If he likes Jonny Cash then buy him the greatest hits CD. I know no man that is not moved by Hurt (watch it on youtube first). Circle the song in the album sleeve and write a message. He'll keep that CD forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Moved across from The Gentlemen's Club

• Advertisement

Treora wrote: »
    If he likes Jonny Cash then buy him the greatest hits CD. I know no man that is not moved by Hurt (watch it on youtube first). Circle the song in the album sleeve and write a message. He'll keep that CD forever.

its not exactly a romantic song though is it? its about drug abuse and depression

It can't be, Band of Brother's holds that title! :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

no sorry, you are all close but the order is as follows,

1/ The west wing
    2/ the wire
    3/ the sopranos
    4/ band of brothers

however as op is poor none are really an option:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

The first gift I ever bought my bf was a engraved zippo lighter which he still has 6years later. Obviously only a good gift if he smokes though.........or likes lighting fires in windy conditions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Ellian wrote: »
    No doubt!

Most def.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Get him an engraved hip flask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

BoB is 20 euro on blu-ray these days, cheap as chips

Advertisement