Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia - how to get working visa

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I'm 35 and wanting to head to Australia for minimum of one year..from looking at immigration it looks like u can only get a 1 year visa up to 30yr old..I'm a personal trainer and can't see that down as a skilled profession....do I have any options?? Help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Manu Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Katiecat wrote: »
    Hi I'm 35 and wanting to head to Australia for minimum of one year..from looking at immigration it looks like u can only get a 1 year visa up to 30yr old..I'm a personal trainer and can't see that down as a skilled profession....do I have any options?? Help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Manu Tks

i'd say you will find it very difficult if you job isn't on the skilled visa, you could always try canada they do a whv up to age 35,

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Katiecat

gustafo wrote: »

i'd say you will find it very difficult if you job isn't on the skilled visa, you could always try canada they do a whv up to age 35,

Thanks for the advice I thought that may be the case..I do have a friend who has his own business over there..could he sponsor me even though not as a skilled work position?? Probably clutching at straws

Thanks for advice on Canada..could be an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Thanks for the advice I thought that may be the case..I do have a friend who has his own business over there..could he sponsor me even though not as a skilled work position?? Probably clutching at straws

Thanks for advice on Canada..could be an option!

For him to sponsor you you would have to have to be a skilled worker where there is a shortage or there is no ozzy national can do it.

Maybe there are other ways but you will have to look into it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The list for sponsorship is different to the list for sponsorship, the sponsorship is a lot bigger, pretty sure PTs can be sponsored.
    I know of one who is. (maybe no longer be there but it was).

your friend could sponsor you if for example you have a paticular skill that he was looking for that he couldn't find in the local market.
    say kettlebell training or a crossfit cert

Advertisement