Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best car insurance comparison site

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

What are the best comparsion sites for ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I dont believe we have one. There are just brokers that quote online. There is no equivalent to Go Compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Definitely a gap in the market that needs filled for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

peteb2 wrote: »
    I dont believe we have one. There are just brokers that quote online. There is no equivalent to Go Compare.

Indeed, I've found most online quotes from brokers to be off the wall. Some won't even quote if you have a GTI or anything like that.

Maybe the lack of insurance companies here is the the reason there is "no Compare":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

There is this website:
    http://www.compareireland.ie/

Just because it isn't advertised, doesn't mean it doesn't exist but I've never used it myself.

I've found all of them give worse quotes than what I've got and according to someone I know who works in insurance, you will always get a better deal from a broker in Ireland than directly from the insurance company depending on the broker obviously (he doesn't work for a broker) and said to ring them directly because you will always get a cheaper price on the phone than from the website if you ring around and haggle with them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

each year then the insurance is due, i go through all the website, phone all the companies directly.

get the cheapest i can find, go back to my original broker and said well such and such quoted me this this and get them to reduce it below the lowest quote i received.

having said that the cheapest i found was chill.ie but you get a cheaper quote online then over the phone and make sure you get the correct price in writing from them before you pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

thebman wrote: »
    There is this website:
    compareireland.ie

Just because it isn't advertised, doesn't mean it doesn't exist but I've never used it myself.

Looking at car insurance on that site - all you get is just a some ads and links to sites (some that don't work) - no comparison facility at all.
    Accordin to this comparison - Axa were one of the cheapest in Oct 2010

Advertisement