Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashew Nuts

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can buy big bags of cashew nuts cheap enough. I buy them when im up the north and a big bag is 1 or 2 pounds but the only place I can find them down here is dunnes and a big bag is 5.50 or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Asian grocers are the best place to get them - you'll get a kilo bag for between 5 and 8 quid. They're mad money in the supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

often healthfood shops sell "broken-in-the-bag- nuts quite cheaply!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Asian shops have the broken ones too for cooking, I prefer them as I usually crush them myself. Holland & barret often have raw ones on offer too.

Tesco own brand ones can be €8-9 per kilo, but they are roasted and salted, I sometimes use them in cooking.

Advertisement