Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky channels without paying subscription!!

• 15-07-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everybody, am new to this :-O
    Just wondering if i can still get freeview channels on my sky+ HD box after i cancelled my subscription??? If so how do i do so?

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

cabernet wrote: »
    Just wondering if i can still get freeview channels on my sky+ HD box after i cancelled my subscription??? If so how do i do so?

Try rebooting the box without your card in should get the uk epg, although I think they removed this ability in new boxes.

If not you can tune them into other channels
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

cabernet wrote: »

Small-but-relevant point : you can get FreeSat channels.

FreeView is a completely different system available in the UK via DTT aerial - it's their version of SaorView.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cabernet

Thanks guys, i'm just not up to speed with all of this, I suppose what i want is to get my sky channels (as amny as poss!) without paying he sub, cancelled service few months ago and since heard i can still get soe free channels!!
    Have tried box with no card..... no change!

Thanks for your replies and advice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭John mac

with no card you should still have bbc1,2,3,4, itv1,2,3,4, bbconehd,itvhd, ch4 at least..

try rebooting the box (disconnect power supply )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

You won't get any "Sky" channels without paying, apart from Sky News. But you'll still get plenty of "Freesat" and "FTA" channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

I have the Saorview box but would also like to get the UK FTA channels, do i need to get a different box for them and are they available in the Mid-West, if so could you recommend what hardware I need.
    The channels I am after are Watch, Dave, Gold etc
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Dave and Gold are not free to air on satellite. You will need a sky box, a dish and a subsciption to get these channels

Advertisement