Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible issue accessing webiste through UPC

• 15-07-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi gang,

Just wondering if any of you UPC subscribers might check something for me please? there's a site I can no longer access from my PC and my housemate's parents can't access it either, we're both on UPC but I can see the site fine from my mobile, just wondering if it's been blocked by UPC for some reason?

It's not a dodgy site, tis to do with Nissan Skyline motors, site is http://www.skylineowners.com/

Can some fellow UPC users please see if they can open this page, won't open on my machine but works fine on my mobile, has me conflustered :)

Thanks in advance by the way
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

It opens fine for me. I'm on 30mb Broadband with UPC in D15……….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

It's very odd, I can't even ping it from this machine, but if I go in through Tor / Mgeni I can see the site fine. Was working fine up until a few days back, is extra weird that it affected my connection and the housemate's parents at the same time.

I've looked through the router details and can see no blocked sites, also checked the lmhosts file but again nothing, any other recommendations where I should check in case it's software related?

Thanks in advance
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

It wont open for me im on upc 50mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

Opens Fine in D18

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Fine in D8 with upc 50mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 chewborg

Traceroutes would be useful, both for those that can see the webpage & those that can't.
    Carrier routing could be an issue here. It would be interesting to see what paths are taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

no joy here with UPC in D24, tried a few browsers and nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Opens for me, 50mb in Monkstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

The-Game wrote: »
    no joy here with UPC in D24, tried a few browsers and nothing!

Same here, D24 UPC, But, using a 3 USB dongle I get in fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anan1 wrote: »
    Opens for me, 50mb in Monkstown.

Same here in Monkstown it opens fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it could be a routing issue for some users. the best thing to do is to contact UPC and ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mavvvy

Out of curiosity were you able to access that website before last Friday? Because about 11.00pm on Thursday night my connection to a server in the UK has not worked. I have other mates who are able to access theteamspeak and the remote desktop, but I dont even get a ping, and when I run a tracert it routes to the US then back to Ireland but never even reaches the Uk.

Just checked (back from work) cant connect to the skyline website, and still unable to connect to the server I connect to in the UK.

UPC 50mb

Regards,

Mavvvy

Advertisement