Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diversity Visa Help

Options
  • 16-07-2011 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi, people i got the news today that i got selected for the next stage in the DV lotto, I thought having a trade would allow me to qualify for the visa but on the forms in says my qualification is in job zone 3 and it must be in job zone 4, i did not do the leaving cert and to qualify through an education i need the leaving cert

However in Ireland the leaving cert is fetac level 4 and my trade cert is level 6

Please if anyone has any information on a way around this, let me know or is that it and i can't get the visa

Thanks people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

Hi did you finish your junior cert?.If you have and have your trade cert i wouldn't worry to much about it.Really leaving cert is only good for you if you want to go onto university and need good points.I won on the dv2009 and have a trade cert in carpentry.It is far more important you have junior cert level and your trade cert should see you through.Not everyone gets there leaving cert, but going on for further education outside of school weather that be on the job training and becoming a manager over a number of years,or doing a trade.:o Hope this helps, you wont really know until you get an interview date and see what happens on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

Hi

Sorry i forgot to mention make sure you read the forms properly.As far as i can remember you dont even need to look at job zones for the DV program. The form is not only for DV winners but for others who are trying to get in on educational grounds.Remember you are on the DV program and some questions wont apply to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How long have you been working at your trade? You might qualify as "two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform. "

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

Palmy wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry i forgot to mention make sure you read the forms properly.As far as i can remember you dont even need to look at job zones for the DV program. The form is not only for DV winners but for others who are trying to get in on educational grounds.Remember you are on the DV program and some questions wont apply to you.

Hi thanks for your reply i left school at 13 over family problems, and i went back and done the equivalent to five d's in the junior cert so i could do my apprenticeship, i started my trade in 2002 and i have been out of work since 2009 so i have got good experience, the link i followed on the dv site told me to check if my job title qualified and it did not

so yea i do have my junior cert but it is just the equivalent, can you please tell me what you had to have for them, i thought i had to send all my information to kentucky before i even get to the interview stage

thanks very much for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

silja wrote: »
    How long have you been working at your trade? You might qualify as "two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform. "

Hi thats what i thought but even as i have work experience its only for certain jobs and it says mine is only level 3 and i need level 4

• Advertisement
Advertisement